Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 09:48 AM

Re: Sleep

I'm generally a poor sleeper although before the menopause I had no problems. I'm lucky if I wake only twice in the night, and really struggle to get back to sleep. But I just accept it now as at least I don't have to face work in the morning.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I hate being awake in the middle of the night. I have in the past maybe got up to have a milky drink, or to read a bit, watch a bit of telly, but really my brain, eyes and body are still crying out for more sleep, even though I can't get it.

Or I stay in bed and toss and turn for the duration. I've only got up at 6 this morning, having been awake since 5 but did get about 7 hours sleep, because I have a GP appointment at 7.30.

Blimey Jazzi, you're GP's start early, mine won't even pick up the phone before 8 am, let alone hold surgery.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 10:08 AM

Well I feel a bit of a rarity after reading these posts, because I have trouble waking up, not sleeping. Mum used to tell me I've always been the same, even as a kid. At bedtime I have my cup of hot milk, my book, and within minutes of drinking the milk, I'm usually asleep. Reading always makes me nod off. I never read anything stimulating in bed though, just restful stuff.
If I get up for the loo during the night, I always fall straight asleep again within a minute or two, and it takes me a while to 'come to' in the mornings. I do like my sleep.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 10:10 AM

I am going through a stage again of not getting much sleep.

I have started waking up a few times through the night and I cannot get back to sleep. Staying in bed in not an option as I just toss and turn. I go down stairs try to read for a bit and find myself falling asleep but when I go back to bed I am wide awake. The cat loves it because she can have more cuddles.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 10:38 AM

I have a spate of good nights followed by a couple of bad ones - I try never to nod off because that completely wrecks my night. I'm up very early in the week and I have a huge problem staying awake on Saturday beyond 10pm.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 12:30 PM

It must be the good life I have led because I sleep the sleep of the just, from about midnight to 7/7.30am, no problems at all.

When I first retired it took me about 3 months to stop waking up at 4.30(ish) to get ready for work but now? no worries... ZZZZZZZ...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 12:42 PM

I don't mind waking up early, provided I have slept through the night.
That's the worst, not sleeping when you go to bed ........
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 01:26 PM

I am lucky. I go to bed around midnight and am asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. Sleep very deeply - you could march a brass band through the bedroom and it would not wake me. I am usually up and about at 5:30am - once my eyes are open I have to be up. Have never enjoyed reading, snacking or breakfast in bed. Have never used an alarm clock. Been that way since childhood.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2014, 07:01 PM

I can sleep for England, usually go to bed round midnight and sleep through till about 6ish, then we have a cuppa and a chat. then turn over for another hour --delicious .
donnamarie
RI, USA
donnamarie is female 

24-11-2014, 09:31 PM

My sleep hasn't changed at all. When I was younger, I could sleep for a long time, and I still do. I guess its the only time I'm really relaxed, so I enjoy it a lot.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top