Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2014, 02:13 PM

doctors appointments

I was booked into my doctors for 11.35 this morning to officially get the results from my hospital visit last week.
After sitting in the waiting room for 40 minutes (I was very patient), my husband went to the reception desk to find out if the doctor was running late. To be told she had gone home for the day and the appointment had been canceled on the same day it had been booked.
I knew she was in her room as I had seen her, they said that the doctor has said to book with somone else for this afternoon or wait until January when she was next available.
My answer to all of that was no.
We did point out that if it had been flagged up that the appointment had been canceled why no one had let us know.
By now I was furious, my husband said we would go home and book an appointment on line ourselves, as I was walking out I told him I wanted to see a manager, he persuaded me to go home and calm down.
Since then we have had two phone calls from the surgery one on the mobile and one on the landline offering us an appointment next week, after the receptionist has collard the doctor who had supposedly gone home. Are they trying to cover their arses do you think.
I don't like lies and they were blatantly lying.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2014, 02:56 PM

Re: doctors appointments

You aren't using same surgery as me are you ? I get stick for saying how bad they are and almost accused of making it up but they sound very familiar !
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2014, 03:12 PM

We don't usually have problems julie, but they are building a new surgery for the whole of Tewkesbury and now everything seems too much trouble for them

I know if I had gone for the appointment this afternoon with a different doctor they would have just read me the results from the hospital and any follow up appointments will have to be with the original gp,

I know you are not to give the doctors or receptionist abuse which I would not do anyway but you are not allowed to question or know why it was canceled.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2014, 04:22 PM

It's not so easy to find good service these days.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2014, 04:43 PM

Shirley I must admit to also being disillusioned with the NHS at local surgery level.
I get the impression that what used to be there for the care of the patients is now viewed by the admin and medical personnel as their own trough and fiefdom to exploit as they see fit.
shirley
Gloucestershire

21-11-2014, 05:48 PM

I know I should get past what happened this morning but I am still seething, is it because they think you have all the time in the world and nothing else to do and that she actually said with a straight face do you want me to book you in for January.
I wonder if they will send my results in the post to me.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2014, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by shirley ->

I was booked into my doctors for 11.35 this morning to officially get the results from my hospital visit last week.
I don't see why the doctor couldn't have just phoned you at home with the results. That's what my doctor did with the results of my recent bone density scan. I asked for a telephone appointment - it seemed the best way.

I'd be furious too if I'd been treated like you Shirley.
I think you should make an official complaint to the Practice manager.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2014, 07:08 PM

If you was to complain you would probably end up looking for another GP.
I was once sitting in the consulting room talking to my GP,when a phone call came through from Reception for her ,she asked me to step out side while she took it ,thinking it was about another patient I obliged and waited in the hall outside her door ..Only to hear my GP laughing and asking how the holiday was going !!.
Not at all professional i thought ,,i kept quite so as to not rock the boat ,but i find Some professional people tend to think they can do anything,it fills them with power.
shirley
Gloucestershire

21-11-2014, 09:58 PM

I know Eliza I would love to complain but we all know it doesn't get you anywhere, as it is I know I will never see that doctor again, I'm sure she will miss me
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2014, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I don't see why the doctor couldn't have just phoned you at home with the results. That's what my doctor did with the results of my recent bone density scan. I asked for a telephone appointment - it seemed the best way.
Any tests carried out at our surgery or blood tests done at the local hospital, the doctor always asks how we'd like the results, telephone call, letter or doctors app't - I always ask for a phone call - so much easier. An app't can usually be made if it's needed to discuss the results, should it be anything complex.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top