Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2014, 12:29 AM

Re: doctors appointments

Originally Posted by shirley ->
I know I should get past what happened this morning but I am still seething, is it because they think you have all the time in the world and nothing else to do and that she actually said with a straight face do you want me to book you in for January.
I wonder if they will send my results in the post to me.

Shirley I agree with you entirely, that's a terrible to just leave you sitting there, and I would have been fuming too.

It always bugs me that there is a notice in my surgery saying if we are more than 5 mins late, they will cancel our appointment, yet I can sit there for 45 mins waiting for them, without even an apology, which is very rude.
I'm sure sometimes they think they're the only people who have a busy day ahead.
I think you should have had a word with the practice manager.
You say that you wonder if they will write to you with your results, but my surgery only contact patients if there is something amiss, you don't hear a word if you're alright.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2014, 11:10 AM

Just back from the surgery myself, now I am wondering when the receptionist got her medical degree ? I saw the GP who recommended an appointment with another GP who does ear syringing and shoulder injections (steroid) so I came out and duly booked a slot with the said GP but the receptionist was adamant I couldn't have what the GP has said I should because apparently they no longer do either procedure. And I would be better off using bicarb of soda for my ear, despite the GP saying under no circumstances add that to my infection and wax blockage ! So GP or receptionist ? seems we could halve the cost of NHS if we just employed any bod off the street to diagnose and treat and abandoned the GPs Not seriously Pats before you say anything.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2014, 11:44 AM

That seems so wrong Julie.
Seeing as you've made the appointment for the second GP now, I'd go to that then tell him what's been said by both the former GP along with the receptionist, and let him sort it out.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2014, 11:57 AM

yes that's my plan.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2014, 01:08 PM

Reminds me of an old joke Julie:-

A 75-year-old man walked into a crowded waiting room and approached the desk.

The receptionist said, 'Yes sir, what are you seeing the doctor for today?'

'There's something wrong with my penis', he replied.

The receptionist became irritated and said, 'You shouldn't come into a crowded waiting room and say things like that.'

'Why not, you asked me what was wrong and I told you,' he said.

The receptionist replied; 'Now you've caused some embarrassment in this room full of people. You should have said there is something wrong with your ear or something, and discussed the problem further with the doctor in private.'

The man replied, 'You shouldn't ask people questions in a roomful of strangers if the answer could embarrass anyone.' He walked out, waited several minutes, and then re-entered.

The receptionist smiled smugly and asked, 'Yes?'

'There's something wrong with my ear,' he stated.

The receptionist nodded approvingly and smiled, knowing he had taken her advice.

'And what is wrong with your ear, sir?'

'I can't piss out of it,' he replied.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

22-11-2014, 01:44 PM

sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2014, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I saw the GP who recommended an appointment with another GP who does ear syringing and shoulder injections (steroid) ............
At my GPs the nurse does ear syringing and injections( had both done)and tests my Blood pressure and then tells me off for drinking too much.

A few years ago saw my GP with a bad case of Gout given tablets which cleared it up in 2 days 18 months later came down with it again rang the GP receptionist and told her that it had recurred she said come down in an hour which I did and was given a prescription without seeing the GP.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

22-11-2014, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
At my GPs the nurse does ear syringing and injections( had both done)and tests my Blood pressure and then tells me off for drinking too much.

A few years ago saw my GP with a bad case of Gout given tablets which cleared it up in 2 days 18 months later came down with it again rang the GP receptionist and told her that it had recurred she said come down in an hour which I did and was given a prescription without seeing the GP.
Ours used to be good like that too, sadly so many patients on the lists now and the service has suffered badly.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2014, 06:54 PM

What i don't understand is why one has to book an appointment anyway? When I was a child Doctors used to do home visits in the afternoon, I can remember my parents sending for the DR when I was ill. Has the National Health Service really got so bad that no Dr's can spend time going out on calls?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

22-11-2014, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
What i don't understand is why one has to book an appointment anyway? When I was a child Doctors used to do home visits in the afternoon, I can remember my parents sending for the DR when I was ill. Has the National Health Service really got so bad that no Dr's can spend time going out on calls?
Ours does still do home visits but only on the private list so you have to join that list to get physio and various other services, services that used to be NHS so free at the point of need.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top