Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2014, 07:09 PM

Re: doctors appointments

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Ours used to be good like that too, sadly so many patients on the lists now and the service has suffered badly.
At one time GPs had a limit to how many patients they could have on their books.

Think years ago it was 3000 wonder if its changed?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2014, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
At one time GPs had a limit to how many patients they could have on their books.

Think years ago it was 3000 wonder if its changed?
I don't know, ours is a right mish mash, several GPs who work partly private and partly NHS work for several surgeries and our official doctor is never there any more he is working in research now is still our official GP.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2014, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I don't see why the doctor couldn't have just phoned you at home with the results. That's what my doctor did with the results of my recent bone density scan. I asked for a telephone appointment - it seemed the best way.

I'd be furious too if I'd been treated like you Shirley.
I think you should make an official complaint to the Practice manager.
I agree on both points.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2014, 07:03 PM

With my annual diabetes MOT tomorrow at 0830, I will be delighted to go. The clinic up the lane took blood a couple of weeks ago, and it takes just three days for the resultant figures to land on the GP's desk. The appointment was made easily, and the girl's telephone manner very good.

If, for example, I phoned up about something else at 0730, I could have a same day appointment. My GP (the whispering Scot) she is a great listener, and very efficient with other patients I know. Luckily, I only go once or twice a year, Conclusion A! all round, for nurses, admin, jabs, and GPs, of which there are four.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2014, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Ours used to be good like that too, sadly so many patients on the lists now and the service has suffered badly.
It's not just the NHS, it's the traffic, housing, schools, you name it and you can see how we are having our standard of living lowered by TOO MANY PEOPLE.

All the politicians talk about how to improve the NHS, the roads, etc, without looking at WHY services are being overwhelmed. Have you seen how the birth rate is heading through the roof, pensioners are not dying quickly enough Immigration is a hot issue right now but one day in the next 20 years we'll have to do something about the birth rate.

I have the luxury of moving from my current GP surgery. I asked the reception if I could stay with them. was told that 20 years ago the answer was YES but now because of the huge influx of patients I would have to register with another surgery.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2014, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
I was booked into my doctors for 11.35 this morning to officially get the results from my hospital visit last week.
After sitting in the waiting room for 40 minutes (I was very patient), my husband went to the reception desk to find out if the doctor was running late. To be told she had gone home for the day and the appointment had been canceled on the same day it had been booked.
I knew she was in her room as I had seen her, they said that the doctor has said to book with somone else for this afternoon or wait until January when she was next available.
My answer to all of that was no.
We did point out that if it had been flagged up that the appointment had been canceled why no one had let us know.
By now I was furious, my husband said we would go home and book an appointment on line ourselves, as I was walking out I told him I wanted to see a manager, he persuaded me to go home and calm down.
Since then we have had two phone calls from the surgery one on the mobile and one on the landline offering us an appointment next week, after the receptionist has collard the doctor who had supposedly gone home. Are they trying to cover their arses do you think.
I don't like lies and they were blatantly lying.
What I can't understand is this. When you turn up for an appt, you report to reception who click on Arrived next to your name on the slot. So what happened when you reported to reception? Presumably you did report to them on arrival? They would have noticed then that your appointment was no longer there!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2014, 10:40 PM

PS, when I was at my reception today waiting for something, I heard someone on the phone in the back office saying no appts for 4 weeks!! Getting to be the norm now.

No home visits, unless you are elderly. An emergency clinic each morning, between 9 and 10.30, first 20 I think.

But if you are really lucky, you can try ringing them each morning when they open (they tell everyone) to see if there are cancellations.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top