Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2014, 01:41 PM

Re: Short term memory loss.

Originally Posted by valice ->
Mum was always worried she'd have alzheimers (sp), but doctor found it to be caused by TIA's (mini strokes), as she forgot more she stopped worrying about it.
Looked after her for 2 years before she died.
Its so hard to see a loved one go through this - you did your best by her Valice x
greg
nottingham-Derby Border
greg is male  greg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2014, 02:57 PM

Last xmas my mum(80)had a stroke in her sleep and woke up completely blind.
Fast forward to now,months of heartbreak and confusion,she has sight in one eye now and none in the other,shes a tough old bird and has coped with the shock etc very well,better than me really.

What has come to the fore of late is that her memory is well out of sync and she has the symptons of alzheimers kicking in quite badly now but with everything else i havent pushed it.

According to my dad (90)its been happening on n off for several years,mostly short episodes until now and was just vague stuff.

shes getting good care from her docs now ,though only now shes changed to this new one,(first one was a ignorant prat and had to be ejected quickly.)though they think the memory loss is pretty much unfixable at her stage/age.

Ive mentioned it to my doc that i also seem to struggle some days remembering the simplest things and can forget where ive put something within seconds of "putting it" and wondered if it was hereditory possibly or perhaps stress from my tinnitus and he's recommended that i add Centrophenoxine pills to my daily vits top-up to help keep my mind sharp.

Ive been taking two capsules a day for about 3 mths and must admit my mind feels noticably sharper and i feel less "brain tired".still lose ocasional stuff though,even the the centrowotsit bottle once.
Bought mine on ebay from "phoenix nutrition",same place i buy my vit c etc.

might help someone.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2014, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by greg ->
Last xmas my mum(80)had a stroke in her sleep and woke up completely blind.
Fast forward to now,months of heartbreak and confusion,she has sight in one eye now and none in the other,shes a tough old bird and has coped with the shock etc very well,better than me really.

What has come to the fore of late is that her memory is well out of sync and she has the symptons of alzheimers kicking in quite badly now but with everything else i havent pushed it.

According to my dad (90)its been happening on n off for several years,mostly short episodes until now and was just vague stuff.

shes getting good care from her docs now ,though only now shes changed to this new one,(first one was a ignorant prat and had to be ejected quickly.)though they think the memory loss is pretty much unfixable at her stage/age.

Ive mentioned it to my doc that i also seem to struggle some days remembering the simplest things and can forget where ive put something within seconds of "putting it" and wondered if it was hereditory possibly or perhaps stress from my tinnitus and he's recommended that i add Centrophenoxine pills to my daily vits top-up to help keep my mind sharp.

Ive been taking two capsules a day for about 3 mths and must admit my mind feels noticably sharper and i feel less "brain tired".still lose ocasional stuff though,even the the centrowotsit bottle once.
Bought mine on ebay from "phoenix nutrition",same place i buy my vit c etc.

might help someone.
Are these pills a natural remedy Greg ?
greg
nottingham-Derby Border
greg is male  greg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2014, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Are these pills a natural remedy Greg ?
hi patsy,ill put a link as its all quite complex and would turn into a book if i wrote it .

Im into my excercising,gym etc,even have a recumberent cycle machine in front room (i live in a residential caravan ), and have tried a few nutrional extras along the way,and tbh i didnt expect any noticable improvement in myself that way, hence my surprise to have to acknowledge a definate improvement in myself and my daily life now.
took about a month for signs of improvment to show.

As always with anything nutrional or even vitamin aditions to your diet ALWAYS do as much research as possible.

heres a good link:
http://smart-nutrition.net/JamesSout...ophenoxine.htm
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

22-11-2014, 04:42 PM

Well I've read your link Greg - very complicated for liddle ol me I'm taking Choline so I'll give that a fair run ......
greg
nottingham-Derby Border

22-11-2014, 05:17 PM

you seem perfectly clear minded enough to me lass so would seem unlikely to benefit you much more than the choline just yet.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

22-11-2014, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by greg ->
you seem perfectly clear minded enough to me lass so would seem unlikely to benefit you much more than the choline just yet.
Thank you kind sir
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2014, 06:45 PM

Does short memory lose lead to Alzheimer's?

I am terrible on names always have been.

Do remember as a CHILD at school was given the advice "if you have forgotten something such as a name just go threw the letters of the alphabet and it will come to you"
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

22-11-2014, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->

Do remember as a CHILD at school was given the advice "if you have forgotten something such as a name just go threw the letters of the alphabet and it will come to you"
In your case no - as you have always been that way ......
We cant predict though - can we ......
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2014, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->

short term memory loss can be caused by many things and they don't all turn into Alzheimers, mine is due to grief and that's understandable, stress and worry can have the same effect. My long term memory is brilliant, I can go back to when I was 4 years old but ask me what I had for breakfast and more often than not I couldn't tell you.

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top