Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2014, 02:01 PM

Re: Health Anxiety: can you worry yourself sick?

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
You know what? From this day forward I'm going to do my best to adopt this attitude.

*ignore it, Linda, stop obsessing over every little thing that bothers you*

I guess I'm just not ready to get old yet. Yet I just have to face the fact that as I get older, I'm going to have more and more little problems here and there as my body begins to wear out. It's just the way it is. But you're right, Patsy... if there's something SERIOUSLY wrong, I'll know it.
I've been to the doctor more in the last 6 months than I have in the last 6 years. Mostly because she's trying to find a blood pressure and cholesterol med that won't cause me side effects, when I could very well be bringing on those side effects myself.

I think my doctor is the one I'm driving crazy
I've seen a few people in your boat Linda and me heart goes out to them, because they are wasting valuable happy times by worrying of what 'could' be.
I hope you will give it a try as you have highlighted - you'll feel better for it
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2014, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I've seen a few people in your boat Linda and me heart goes out to them, because they are wasting valuable happy times by worrying of what 'could' be.
I hope you will give it a try as you have highlighted - you'll feel better for it
I'm going to try. I have to. Because this constant worry is consuming my life.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2014, 02:12 PM

I'm going to try. I have to. Because this constant worry is consuming my life.
It does consume you Linda - no point to it is there
Hate to see you in turmoil - rest easy Linda, your body will thank you for it x
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2014, 02:27 PM

It does consume you Linda - no point to it is there
Hate to see you in turmoil - rest easy Linda, your body will thank you for it x
I certainly hope so. Because my body is suffering from not being able to shut off my mind. And it has definitely taken away from my quality of life. That's how bad it's gotten.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

25-11-2014, 02:30 PM

I certainly hope so. Because my body is suffering from not being able to shut off my mind. And it has definitely taken away from my quality of life. That's how bad it's gotten.
Its a pity you don't like music, soothing music can work wonders - you can also buy relaxing CDs of the ocean, whale sounds, that sort of thing. I'd like to see you relaxing back and listening to something very calming ......
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2014, 02:36 PM

Hi Linda,can I suggest You read this book 'AT LAST A LIFE' By Paul David who suffered with worry and anxiety for ten Years,I hope it will help You with Your recovery as it has so many People. x
Linda0818
USA

25-11-2014, 02:38 PM

Its a pity you don't like music, soothing music can work wonders - you can also buy relaxing CDs of the ocean, whale sounds, that sort of thing. I'd like to see you relaxing back and listening to something very calming ......
Oh I love the sound of the ocean and that sort of thing.

There is one song I love. In fact I bought the CD for my car because of that one song alone, it completely relaxes me. It's called Night Bird by Deep Forest. Beautiful song.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2014, 02:40 PM

I do feel sorry for you Linda. The only time I felt like that was many years ago when I was suffering from depression. It took a year - but medication got me better & I returned to being my old optimistic self.
Are you depressed - would anti depressants help you I wonder?

I do find that when I'm happy as I am at the moment - my energy level is high. I can mostly ignore my aches and pains. I certainly don't dwell on them. If you aren't happy maybe anti depressants would help you - or tranquilizers to make you calm..
You have all my sympathy. I hope you get it sorted out soon .... and do stop the self diagnosis!!
Linda0818
USA

25-11-2014, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by aquablue ->
Hi Linda,can I suggest You read this book 'AT LAST A LIFE' By Paul David who suffered with worry and anxiety for ten Years,I hope it will help You with Your recovery as it has so many People. x
You know, just last night I was wondering if there was a book out there I could buy to read about this exact thing. Thank you for the suggestion, because a life is something I don't really have anymore. The panic, the anxiety, the worry (most often irrationally) has consumed my life. I even developed driving anxiety. I used to drive up to the lake by myself once or twice a year and spend a weekend by the water, just me, myself and I. I stopped doing that too.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

25-11-2014, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I do feel sorry for you Linda. The only time I felt like that was many years ago when I was suffering from depression. It took a year - but medication got me better & I returned to being my old optimistic self.
Are you depressed - would anti depressants help you I wonder?
I do find that when I'm happy as I am at the moment - my energy level is high. I can mostly ignore my aches and pains. I certainly don't dwell on them. If you aren't happy maybe anti depressants would help you - or tranquilizers to make you calm..
You have all my sympathy. I hope you get it sorted out soon .... and do stop the self diagnosis!!
I really hope Linda doesn't go down that route, at least till she's tried other natural methods.
I know people on them and I ask why, do you take them you are still depressed and out of it !

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top