Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2014, 02:43 PM

Re: Health Anxiety: can you worry yourself sick?

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
Oh I love the sound of the ocean and that sort of thing.

There is one song I love. In fact I bought the CD for my car because of that one song alone, it completely relaxes me. It's called Night Bird by Deep Forest. Beautiful song.
That's great Linda - also try that book
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2014, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I do feel sorry for you Linda. The only time I felt like that was many years ago when I was suffering from depression. It took a year - but medication got me better & I returned to being my old optimistic self.
Are you depressed - would anti depressants help you I wonder?

I do find that when I'm happy as I am at the moment - my energy level is high. I can mostly ignore my aches and pains. I certainly don't dwell on them. If you aren't happy maybe anti depressants would help you - or tranquilizers to make you calm..
You have all my sympathy. I hope you get it sorted out soon .... and do stop the self diagnosis!!
I was on celexa for several years. And while it served its purpose at the time I took it, the initial side effects and then the withdrawal of coming down off of them, wow, a complete nightmare. I have a bottle of them now, because I thought maybe I needed to be back on them again. But I'm afraid to take them.

I have Ativan, which helps temporarily. But that's more of an ass-needed type of drug rather than a maintenance drug.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2014, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I really hope Linda doesn't go down that route, at least till she's tried other natural methods.
I know people on them and I ask why, do you take them you are still depressed and out of it !
This is true. Having already been on them, I know what it's like. Yeah, they take away the depression and anxiety... but they take away everything else as well, including normal human emotion. It essentially turns you into a zombie.

I must admit, however, there are times I miss not giving a sh*t.
Linda0818
USA

25-11-2014, 02:50 PM

And I am going to look for that book. I want my life back. My son is only 15 and I want to have happy times with him and watch him grow up -- not end up some freaked out old woman in a strait jacket somewhere. Because there are days I honestly think I'm losing my mind.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2014, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
And I am going to look for that book. I want my life back. My son is only 15 and I want to have happy times with him and watch him grow up -- not end up some freaked out old woman in a strait jacket somewhere. Because there are days I honestly think I'm losing my mind.
Even more reason - if not for yourself - do it for him .....
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2014, 02:55 PM

I really hope Linda doesn't go down that route, at least till she's tried other natural methods.
I know people on them and I ask why, do you take them you are still depressed and out of it !
No - I took them for a year and then the doctor weaned me off them. The medication did me no harm.
I needed it at the time..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

25-11-2014, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
No - I took them for a year and then the doctor weaned me off them. The medication did me no harm.
I needed it at the time..
You are honestly, the first I've come across Carol - pleased they helped you, I would never take them, seen the results on others - there are so many other options to try .....
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2014, 04:02 PM

It's the 'worried well' syndrome - even if we are ok we convince ourselves that every little ache or pain is a life threatening situation.
Have to learn to relax a bit more and not dwell on things too much - easy to say but sometimes hard to achieve, yoga is a great relaxant, maybe done with a CD of favourite music/sounds, the ocean perhaps?
Linda0818
USA

25-11-2014, 04:05 PM

Even more reason - if not for yourself - do it for him .....
Definitely. My baby's worth it.

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
It's the 'worried well' syndrome - even if we are ok we convince ourselves that every little ache or pain is a life threatening situation.
Have to learn to relax a bit more and not dwell on things too much - easy to say but sometimes hard to achieve, yoga is a great relaxant, maybe done with a CD of favourite music/sounds, the ocean perhaps?
Well... there's only one little problem with doing yoga... my joints are so stiff that once I'm on the floor, there's a good chance I won't be getting back up, LOL

But maybe if I ease into it, it will actually help my joint pain.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2014, 04:09 PM

Oh dear I kinda know what you mean there, tho!! - you can do the relaxation thing lying flat on your back. I used to do it and it really puts you in a better frame of mind, less tense and strung out.
Have you ever tried it, Linda?

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top