Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2014, 04:29 PM

Re: Headaches: do you suffer from them and what kind do you get?

My son took a migraine for the first time at work last week. He could only see half vision from each eye, then had a horrendous headache and was violently sick. He came home to me and went to bed and slept it off. He said it was horrendous. Touch wood it doesn't ever happen again for him. There was no rhyme nor reason for it. I'm very fortunate that paracetamol works for me for headaches.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2014, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
... And lately I've been getting dull (not sharp and stabbing, but very annoying) quick pains in my head in various places. It's not localized. Sometimes it's right behind my eyes, sometimes they're on the sides of my head, sometimes the top of my head. No other symptoms, just that.
They will more than likely be 'ice pick' headaches Linda.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2014, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
I used to have bad headaches regularly but as Meg has said, I, too stopped having them after the menopause. I still get the occasional migraine though so I always carry something in my bag because the headache that follows the disturbed vision is quite bad.

I try not to google too much, Linda, it makes me worry more than ever about things..
That's for sure. Before the internet, I just blew stuff off and said "Meh, it'll pass" (and it always did) but now with every little ache and pain, I think I'm dying, LOL

My doctor told me that last week, to STOP googling medical information. But I can't help it now. Most medications didn't used to bother me. I could take just about anything (except penicillin) and it did what it was supposed to do with very little, if any at all, side effects. Now every single thing I take gives me side effects and I sometimes wonder if it's because I look up the possible side effects to everything I'm prescribed BEFORE I take it and just knowing what the side effects are, I actually develop them. I'm wondering if a lot of my problem with medication is psychosomatic.

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
My son took a migraine for the first time at work last week. He could only see half vision from each eye, then had a horrendous headache and was violently sick. He came home to me and went to bed and slept it off. He said it was horrendous. Touch wood it doesn't ever happen again for him. There was no rhyme nor reason for it. I'm very fortunate that paracetamol works for me for headaches.
It's odd how they can just hit anyone at any time, even people that have never had a headache in their life. Me, I'm the headache queen. But lately they've just been weird. It's possible it's because of hormonal changes, now that I'm older.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2014, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
They will more than likely be 'ice pick' headaches Linda.
Yes, I've had those before, where it literally feels like somebody is jabbing an ice pick into your head. But these aren't quite as sharp. Again, they're dullish and quick, but are more annoying than painful. They just kind of flutter and linger around in my head (intermittently, not constantly) and it's getting on my nerves. I just want to smack myself in the head and scream Agggghhhh! Stop it!!!! but then I'll just give myself more headaches.

cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2014, 07:10 PM

Yes, I've had those before, where it literally feels like somebody is jabbing an ice pick into your head. But these aren't quite as sharp. Again, they're dullish and quick, but are more annoying than painful. They just kind of flutter and linger around in my head (intermittently, not constantly) and it's getting on my nerves. I just want to smack myself in the head and scream Agggghhhh! Stop it!!!! but then I'll just give myself more headaches.

Lol..
Linda0818
USA

15-12-2014, 08:48 PM

That and if anyone were looking and would see me doing that, they'd send someone to take me away.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 10:50 PM

I suffer from terrible headaches and migraines.

My headaches are usually very very dull pains behind my eyes that are motion sensitive, whereas my migraines destroy my vision almost entirely and give me severe numbness down half of my face and body usually.

It sounds worse than it is though, I have had them for years so you just learn to live with it. My doctor is fully aware and has not suggested any medication or change in lifestyle (other than quitting drinking and smoking) that may help.
Linda0818
USA

11-01-2015, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
I suffer from terrible headaches and migraines.

My headaches are usually very very dull pains behind my eyes that are motion sensitive, whereas my migraines destroy my vision almost entirely and give me severe numbness down half of my face and body usually.

It sounds worse than it is though, I have had them for years so you just learn to live with it. My doctor is fully aware and has not suggested any medication or change in lifestyle (other than quitting drinking and smoking) that may help.
Yes, I've recently been getting these weird pains behind my eyes, mostly my right eye. They come and go, it's not constant.

Drinking and smoking, I'm afraid those are my vices. I know it's bad for me, but it keeps me sane. However, it's probably only adding to my problems, as I'm entering the early stages of the change of life and that causes enough problems as it is.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2015, 10:05 AM

I've had a bad headache for a week or so, which I can't get rid of. However, I've only just stopped coughing since late October/November, so have probably dislodged everything in my skull!!

Started antibiotics Tuesday just gone, still have a sore throat, and pains in my jaw, so haven't a clue what's going on. Whether it's all part of the viral infection, or whether I've unknowingly started a third one. (The second having started the week before Christmas.)

Gave in last night and took pain killers.

I always seem to have headaches, but they could be stress related.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2015, 11:36 AM

Yes, I've recently been getting these weird pains behind my eyes, mostly my right eye. They come and go, it's not constant.

Drinking and smoking, I'm afraid those are my vices. I know it's bad for me, but it keeps me sane. However, it's probably only adding to my problems, as I'm entering the early stages of the change of life and that causes enough problems as it is.
Since I retired I have in the winter been getting a pain at the back of my neck shooting up to behind my right eye with a forehead headache which last for about 16/18 hours.

I only get these in the winter and I think I know the cause.

Because on a sunny day in the morning the glare catches and I get a pain in right eye(lazy eye) next day wake up with a nagging headache.

Tried anti glare glasses but no use.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top