Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2015, 02:52 PM

Re: Headaches: do you suffer from them and what kind do you get?

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I've had a bad headache for a week or so, which I can't get rid of. However, I've only just stopped coughing since late October/November, so have probably dislodged everything in my skull!!

Started antibiotics Tuesday just gone, still have a sore throat, and pains in my jaw, so haven't a clue what's going on. Whether it's all part of the viral infection, or whether I've unknowingly started a third one. (The second having started the week before Christmas.)

Gave in last night and took pain killers.

I always seem to have headaches, but they could be stress related.
Hmmm... have you started any new meds or anything? Besides the antibiotics I mean? Just asking because I had the same issue. They say "sudden, unusual headaches" should probably be looked into, but sheez, if I went to the doctor for every "sudden and unusual" thing that happens to my body, I'd be there all the time.

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
Since I retired I have in the winter been getting a pain at the back of my neck shooting up to behind my right eye with a forehead headache which last for about 16/18 hours.

I only get these in the winter and I think I know the cause.

Because on a sunny day in the morning the glare catches and I get a pain in right eye(lazy eye) next day wake up with a nagging headache.

Tried anti glare glasses but no use.
You know what's funny is my initial question is rather silly because headaches are one of the most common pains that afflict man. They could be from something serious, but most times they're not.

Speaking of glasses, I'm supposed to be wearing corrective lenses, but I put them on and take them right back off. They make me feel dizzy, I can't wear them.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2015, 04:22 PM

No Linda, no new meds. I have enormous stress here, and as said, been coughing for so many weeks.

It's not been so bad for a few days.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2015, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
No Linda, no new meds. I have enormous stress here, and as said, been coughing for so many weeks.

It's not been so bad for a few days.
Well maybe it's getting better then. You know, sometimes when I have weird physical things going on that don't really point to anything specific, I always tell myself, "This too shall pass."

And it usually does.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2015, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
Well maybe it's getting better then. You know, sometimes when I have weird physical things going on that don't really point to anything specific, I always tell myself, "This too shall pass."

And it usually does.
Linda, I used that quote on another forum, "this too shall pass". And it will
Linda0818
USA

13-01-2015, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
Linda, I used that quote on another forum, "this too shall pass". And it will
I agree

And it's odd that Jazzi mentioned coughing because I've been doing that a lot lately as well. I get this crazy tickling in my throat and I just start coughing, sometimes to the point of it making me gag. It's annoying.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
I agree

And it's odd that Jazzi mentioned coughing because I've been doing that a lot lately as well. I get this crazy tickling in my throat and I just start coughing, sometimes to the point of it making me gag. It's annoying.
Coughs seem to be lasting for ages at the moment. Its all this bloomin damp weather! Hope you feel better soon Linda.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 09:48 AM

I have had two viral infections since late October. I wonder though if I need new reading glasses, as I'm struggling. Am due for a sight test, but haven't booked it as yet.
Vera
East Midlands UK
Vera is female 

13-01-2015, 03:34 PM

When I was getting a lot of head aches I was told it was the nerves in the back of my head. Then one day when I was at the doctors some one told me about the herb feverfew, I looked this up on Amazon and saw they did this in a tablet form. I brought some took one a day and ever since then I don't get any headaches. They have really helped me to get on with my life
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

13-01-2015, 03:36 PM

Yes Vera, I seem to remember now about Feverfew. Might give it a try. Thanks for the tip.
Linda0818
USA

13-01-2015, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
Coughs seem to be lasting for ages at the moment. Its all this bloomin damp weather! Hope you feel better soon Linda.
I figured out what it is. It's my blood pressure med. My doctor told me cough and dry heaves are common side effects to the medication.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top