Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2014, 04:05 PM

Fed-up with it!

I seem to be getting all sorts of odd ailments lately and the latest is - I think - neuralgia as all the symptoms of what I'm getting match.
Before anyone reminds me, if these "attacks" continue, (three times now in the last 5 days), I'll have to go to the doctor again, (hate that!), but over the past few months I've had more Hiatus problems, frequent stomach upsets or acid problems and plantar fasciitis in my right foot - oh, and a cold but everyone gets 'em and now this!

The odd thing is when I'm out in the gardens at work I go out in all weather and I'm just fine but for the last month or so I've been stuck indoors doing Portable Appliance Tests all day!

Anyone had neuralgia?

What I mean is, is it something you can deal with yourself?

I don't fancy going onto Carbamazepine - looks a bit iffy to me as I am on statins! stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2014, 04:11 PM

Re: Fed-up with it!

I get that a lot, paracetamol is about it for me
As for digestive problems, Hubs has been taking Mastika - start with 2 a day, morning and evening, after 2 weeks go to one a day - the results have been great, wish I had got them sooner for him !
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2014, 04:39 PM

Sorry to hear of all your health problems, Steve. Hope you get better soon.

Patsy, just looked that up. Interesting. My appointment for f/up to the gastroscopy is next month, so will wait to find out the results.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2014, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Sorry to hear of all your health problems, Steve. Hope you get better soon.

Patsy, just looked that up. Interesting. My appointment for f/up to the gastroscopy is next month, so will wait to find out the results.
Hi Jazzi - they have been an absolute Godsend - let me know how you get on with your appointment, they may well be worth a try for you ....
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2014, 06:03 PM

Sorry to hear of your new symptoms.
Regarding the stomach symptoms could be the tablets you are taking.
When do you take them? Do you take then after eating, do you
drink something like milk or have a bio yoghurt to pacify your
acid? A lot of people are somehow allergic to statins. I had one
only and it made me ill so have never used them since. My son
who is in his 40's started taking them and has come off them and
a lot of friends who are older have too. If the side effects are bad
I wonder why they keep everyone on them.
Regarding your foot problem. Reading about it as I have never heard
of it before it could or might not be the statins causing it.
Tells you if you have it to wear something on your foot to straighten
it especially if it is bad first thing in the morning. You have to sleep
with the thing on your foot.
Sounds like you might have to go to the Docs whether you like it or
not to have a word or why not ring the NHS Direct and have a word
with them to see if anyone can help you.
The neuralgia you never said where it is. I speak to a lady on another
chat site and she gets it in her face at one side. Where is yours Steve?
There are lots of place on line you can put your symptoms on and
there is something about it. So if you don't want to go to the Docs
maybe see if anyone has anything like it and see what advice was given.
Hope everything goes well for you Steve.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2014, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
I seem to be getting all sorts of odd ailments lately and the latest is - I think - neuralgia as all the symptoms of what I'm getting match.

Anyone had neuralgia?

What I mean is, is it something you can deal with yourself?
But you don't know that it is neuralgia?
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2014, 06:30 PM

I have hiatus hernia/reflux and take Lansaprazole and metoclopramide x2 daily. Made a tremendous difference to me. Statins do not mix with a lot of things. I have had to leave mine off whilst I am taking these strong antibiotics for a touch of pneumonia I have been suffering from.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2014, 09:45 PM

I feel for you Stev. Neuralgia can be really painful. I do know someone who does have to take really strong pain relief. I hope you find something to ease the pain. It's a bugger.

From the stomach point of view, I suffer from bile reflux and there isn't really a med for that. I can take mallox now and again, but nothing helps completely. I'm bothered with it at the moment, but it makes you feel dizzy, headachy and my stomach feels red raw. They say the stomach is the centre of all evils. It sure is. It's rotten when your stomach is out of sorts.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2014, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
But you don't know that it is neuralgia?
No, not 100% Pats, obviously but trying to get an appointment at the doctors right now is impossible and I can't just take time off work and wait in his surgery; we're short-handed at work and I don't like letting people down and by that I mean the residents, not the management!

I had a word with a good pharmacist the other day, told her about where the pains are and she said it sounds like Neuralgia - it seems to be from my left temple down to the jaw and it's like an electric shock.
I wondered what the hell it was!

Frightening!

My foot problem is plantar fasciitis apparently and I'm doing the exercises for that and got the inserts in my shoes that help a lot.

This acid business is a bit odd though because I've always had quite high acid but never really had any problems, no matter what I eat and I do love spicy food!

Just lately everything I eat seems to trigger a lot more acid coming back up than I'd normally experience and a bit of heartburn and sometimes indigestion.

It's all just a bit annoying really.

Easing off a bit this week so perhaps it was some kind of virus.

I no longer smoke and my job usually keeps me pretty fit but I'm not getting much time outdoors lately so you never know! stevmk2
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2014, 06:25 PM

Steve I'm off work with suspected Noro, but I don't actually think it's the full blown Noro, which I've had before. I've just been saying to my partner on the phone that I'm getting fed up of taking lots of ailments that are going, as my immunity must be low. It makes you feel like a moaning git, which I've never been in my life. Both my partner, and my infection control audit nurse best pal has said that you cannot possibly expect to get to a certain age and not take different ailments. It's still a nuisance though. I want to be at work. It'll be piling upat work, but I can't because of infection control. So, I'll go back to a huge workload and feel low again eventually! It's ridiculous.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top