Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 06:49 PM

Re: NHS Dentistry - some facts.

I haven't got dentures, crowns yes, I am quite happy with my dentist , but then I am fortunate I don"t have to visit often , none of this malarkey of 6month check ups. Only go when I absolutely have too.TBH I am a bit of a nervous patient.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
I haven't got dentures, crowns yes, I am quite happy with my dentist , but then I am fortunate I don"t have to visit often , none of this malarkey of 6month check ups. Only go when I absolutely have too.TBH I am a bit of a nervous patient.
You lucky gal - mine insisted on every 6 months
I know why now, pulled out a tooth that gave me no problem and made a mess of it - then took me gold filling out
jodie
UK
jodie is female  jodie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Unfortunately I didn't.
I didn't even realise till I got home that it was the good tooth ! Then I was in such shock about it I just wanted never to see her again - and I haven't
You can give info about bad dentists to the Care Quality Commission - go to this page
http://www.cqc.org.uk/content/dentists , do a search for that dentist, there should be a link "share your experiences" - that info goes to their inspectors. There's more info there on making a formal complaint too.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 07:00 PM

Thank you Jodie
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 07:05 PM

You lucky gal - mine insisted on every 6 months
I know why now, pulled out a tooth that gave me no problem and made a mess of it - then took me gold filling out
I am sorry I think that is quite disgraceful, but of course they are in the business of making money, I had a friend who DH was a dentist and made 250K in a year, nice work if you can get it eh !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

04-01-2015, 07:06 PM

I am sorry I think that is quite disgraceful, but of course they are in the business of making money, I had a friend who DH was a dentist and made 250K in a year, nice work if you can get it eh !
Oh yes - very true
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 10:23 PM

We too have an excellent NHS dentist..no dentures, but hubby has a couple of crowns.
We have 6 monthly check ups to ensure that nothing is happening and if there is it can be dealt with before it gets any worse...to be honest, I can't remember the last time I had a filling.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 10:30 PM

We have a shortage of NHS dentists here and I had no option but to take out a dental insurance when my dentist left the NHS or to not have a dentist at all. He negotiated a deal for his patients and I only pay £6 a month and that covers a yearly check up and clean.

My dentist says it is very important to have a regular check up not just for teeth but for any sign of cancer of the mouth and tongue, he does a thorough check when I go
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 10:39 PM

I have a lovely NHS dentist, he is very gentle and kind. He replaced my stainless steel crown for a gold one because I was getting pain when it got cold and will give white fillings if I ask. Sounds like I'm very lucky!
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 10:42 PM

I wonder how to get around that one ?
I'm lucky that I have a great dentist who has his own dental lab, also on the plus side, he's awfully handsome

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top