Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 03:44 PM

Hospital Survey

I've mentioned this in another thread but I was taken to hospital yesterday after a fall at work.

My manager insisted that I went because she seemed to have the impression I'd had a dizzy spell for some odd reason - I was on my own at the time and nobody saw the incident.

Anyway, I got taken in by ambulance, had a 2-and-a-half-hour wait then out again and taken back to my workplace by a colleague, then I drove home.

All the time that I was there I had to keep explaining that I was deaf as, strangely, hospitals seem no better at dealing with deaf people but they made a note on their paperwork in the end.

About twenty minutes ago the 'phone rang (I'm off sick today) and my wife answered.

It was the same hospital as yesterday, asking to speak to me!

My wife then tried to tell whoever it was that I wasn't good with phones and could she help but it turned out to have gone over to a pre-recorded Customer Satisfaction Survey programme.

Before she could do anything else it started on a list of questions that required pressing buttons to give responses so she missed the first one so in the end she terminated the programme because there was no way that she could tell me the question in time for me to respond.

It could be that we will get another call but considering I clearly stated when asked about contact numbers that I was deaf I am surprised by A, the call itself, considering I'm recuperating still and B, the fact that my being too deaf for 'phones didn't register, despite it being clearly written down.

If they ring again I will try to deal with it but had I known they'd call perhaps I would have asked for a form that I could fill-in and return?! stevmk2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 04:02 PM

Re: Hospital Survey

That's awful steve, hospitals should be a place everyone no matter what their disability can be understood. Mind not quite as bad as a friend of mine who isn't totally deaf but needs a bit of consideration when you talk to her, she went into hospital for a few days and could hear the nurses talking quite loudly about the deaf woman in bed 3, talking about her as if she wasn't present, when she pointed out she wasn't completely deaf no apology just a humpff and off they went to another patient.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 04:03 PM

It is a crazy world, Steve. I hope you are feeling better now.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 04:15 PM

Sorry to hear of your fall Steve. The hospital has made a mockery of your experience.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
It is a crazy world, Steve. I hope you are feeling better now.
I'm going to try to go back to work tomorrow Silver Tabby - thanks for the good wishes.

During the day at home today it soon became obvious that I hadn't just banged my head and elbow as I've got bruising everywhere but sitting about won't help it will it?!

My wife says if it gets too much tomorrow I'll just have to come home again so that's what I'll do.

Besides, one of the residents hasn't been well and I'll only get worried if I don't go in! stevmk2
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 07:20 PM

Sorry to read about your fall Stevmk2. Hope work goes ok for you tomorrow.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 07:30 PM

All the very best to you "Steve".
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 07:34 PM

can't even get an appointment date for my eye let alone a hospital survey.

Went to the opticians last October then Dr's in November , referal notice early December from the hospital and heard nothing since

Think they would rather you went blind than do anything to help.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 07:43 PM

Hope you're ok Steve, take it easy!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
I'm going to try to go back to work tomorrow Silver Tabby - thanks for the good wishes.

During the day at home today it soon became obvious that I hadn't just banged my head and elbow as I've got bruising everywhere but sitting about won't help it will it?!

My wife says if it gets too much tomorrow I'll just have to come home again so that's what I'll do.

Besides, one of the residents hasn't been well and I'll only get worried if I don't go in! stevmk2
I'd still take it easy Steve. Hope you got head injury instructions in hospital?

Like me, you're obviously very conscientous, but you have to think about your health sometimes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top