Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 07:59 PM

Re: Hospital Survey

Steve your health must come before anything else, often a slow recovery is better than a quick one.

Please don't go and do something silly and put you back as before.

Do go careful
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Steve your health must come before anything else, often a slow recovery is better than a quick one.

Please don't go and do something silly and put you back as before.

Do go careful
Definitely RS. You have to take any injury to the head very seriously.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 09:55 PM

Did you actually feel you went dizzy Steve? Do you get Vertigo?
No point in rushing back if you're not ready. You don't want to make one step forward, then two back again.

As for the survey, well I wouldn't have done it.

By the way, any news about that job interview yet?
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2015, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Did you actually feel you went dizzy Steve? Do you get Vertigo?
No point in rushing back if you're not ready. You don't want to make one step forward, then two back again.
As for the survey, well I wouldn't have done it.
By the way, any news about that job interview yet?
I had a job getting off to sleep last night thinking about dizzy spells Mups!
I can remember everything clearly up to the point where I'm just about to re-hook a curtain back onto the rail then its Bang, and I've whacked my head and elbow and I'm on the floor, dazed and confused.

I am an odd one with vertigo - it's a Yes and a No!

I worked offshore years ago and I'd literally hang out the chopper's open door taking pictures - you could back then as the Gulf had mainly ex-Vietnam chopper pilots!

However, I was working on a Venezuelan jack-up drill barge offshore once and we had to climb the legs to check wall thickness of the pipework prior to a relocation and I froze @ about 80 feet up!

I simply could not move at all yet the chopper I'd flown out in had swooped and plunged all over the sky three days before and I loved it!

I was OK today but a bit nervous - I did have quite a major bang to the head on Monday and you start to worry about all sorts of things - I am 63 now.

Only tomorrow to do now then I'm off again.

Nothing from the job application but the agent I know and they know me and they know I am deaf.

No point in getting hopeful really. stevmk2
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2015, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
I'm an odd one with vertigo - it's a Yes and a No!

Yes, that does sound odd . .

I was working on a Venezuelan jack-up drill barge offshore once and we had to climb the legs to check wall thickness of the pipework prior to a relocation and I froze @ about 80 feet up!

Steve, that's nothing to worry about, I'd have frozen about 8ft up!
Vertigo doesn't have to be only about heights anyway. I had a terrible bout of it a couple of years ago, couldn't get up off the floor during an exercise class. Went straight to Docs, eyes flickering all over the place, completely lost balance. It took a while to get over that. Absolutely awful feeling.

Nothing from the job application
No point in getting hopeful really. stevmk2

Well I guess if you don't get your hopes up, you won't feel so disappointed if it goes pear shaped. On the other hand, try to think positive and you may be pleasantly surprised.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2015, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well I guess if you don't get your hopes up, you won't feel so disappointed if it goes pear shaped. On the other hand, try to think positive and you may be pleasantly surprised.
I'll try Mups.

I'm a bit down today because yesterday afternoon I had what amounts to a disciplinary over my accident.

I know that I was stupid using a chair and I never normally do that so I was expecting a telling-off for that but not a recorded procedure that goes on my record.

In the three-and-a-half years I've been there they've had carers almost starting fires, ripping live wires out of equipment and other stupid things I could mention yet they only got a slapped-wrist.

Why did I get a disciplinary?!

Mind you, where I work there's not been any disciplinary issues against women since I've been there, only the small percentage of us men.

We have 85% female management where I work.

p.s The hospital rang again about that survey - 4 times - and each time my wife answered thy switched to the recorded Survel Programme - how rude is that?! stevmk2
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2015, 12:00 PM

Steve I can understand you feeling hurt about the chair reporting incident. They're probably duty bound to register it because of health and safety reasons. I wouldn't worry too much about it, we've all done silly things on the spur of the moment.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top