Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 06:28 PM

Bile Reflux

Rarer than acid reflux. No real medication to help it. Does anyone here suffer from it at all?

Mines was diagnosed after an endoscopy. I was prescribed Mallox, which doesn't help that much. I suspect it's the excesses of Christmas that has made it flare up again. It's a nasty problem. Just makes you feel sick to the stomach. I was sick first thing at work this morning.

Back to the very low fat diet. I'd forgotten how nasty it was
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 07:09 PM

Re: Bile Reflux

Originally Posted by alice76 ->

Back to the very low fat diet. I'd forgotten how nasty it was
*tuts at Alice and wags finger*

A low fat diet is NOT nasty

My late father had his first heart attack at the age of 52 and it was found that his cholesterol was very high, so we all started watching the fat intake.
I've always loved eating poultry (yes I mean cooked) but cheese was my passion.
That was the thing I found most difficult to do without, but once you become accustomed to it ... no problem.

and just think how smug you'll be when you've got it 'nailed'
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 07:33 PM

I don't have an answer to help you Alice, but sorry to hear you're feeling so poorly at the moment. Hope someone can come up with something that may help you feel better.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
*tuts at Alice and wags finger*

A low fat diet is NOT nasty

My late father had his first heart attack at the age of 52 and it was found that his cholesterol was very high, so we all started watching the fat intake.
I've always loved eating poultry (yes I mean cooked) but cheese was my passion.
That was the thing I found most difficult to do without, but once you become accustomed to it ... no problem.

and just think how smug you'll be when you've got it 'nailed'

Oh I know Rachel. I now severely scolded . I'm scared to have my cholesterol tested again and I ditched my statins. This is probably the result.

Yes, I'll definitely get back on track.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

13-01-2015, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Diamond Lady ->
I don't have an answer to help you Alice, but sorry to hear you're feeling so poorly at the moment. Hope someone can come up with something that may help you feel better.
Thanks DL. I'm my own worst enemy. Hell slap it into me for eating too many fatty things recently. Thank goodness I can't stand butter!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 07:55 PM

Oh I know Rachel. I now severely scolded . I'm scared to have my cholesterol tested again and I ditched my statins. This is probably the result.

Yes, I'll definitely get back on track.
Diet may not help the cholesterol ... it did sod all for mine but I've stayed off the cheese.
Tried statins for 2 weeks and felt suicidal

Moderate daily exercise (walking into the high street) has been good.
Had a back problem for a number of years and put on weight.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

13-01-2015, 07:58 PM

Rachel, I am a walker, but haven't even done much of that recently. Infact our walking group cancelled last week's walk because the weather was awful. I can't wait for the better weather to get out there again. Makes you feel better in so many ways. Inside and out.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

13-01-2015, 08:06 PM

Rachel, I am a walker, but haven't even done much of that recently. In fact our walking group cancelled last week's walk because the weather was awful. I can't wait for the better weather to get out there again. Makes you feel better in so many ways. Inside and out.

Yes I can understand that. Weather's dreadful for walking far atm.

Best of luck
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

14-01-2015, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Diet may not help the cholesterol ... it did sod all for mine but I've stayed off the cheese.
Tried statins for 2 weeks and felt suicidal

Moderate daily exercise (walking into the high street) has been good.
Had a back problem for a number of years and put on weight.
Rachel, I'm interested to know what side effects you had from the statins as it looks as though it was awful. Was it aches and pains? I remember when I first started them I had terrible shoulder ache.

I had an awful night last night. Slept, or tried to sleep, propped up. Anyway, wakened up with a sore throat this morning because of the reflux, so it's small meals for me now, to get rid of this awful stuff.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2015, 10:29 AM

One of the side affects of one of my MS drugs is it has completely got rid of my acid reflux problem, a friend who suffered with bile reflux has reported the same thing. It's Baclofen I believe a few years ago they were starting to prescribe it for bile reflux as it was so successful in MS patients. Might be worth asking you doctor if they are still prescribing it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top