Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2015, 10:35 AM

Re: Bile Reflux

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
One of the side affects of one of my MS drugs is it has completely got rid of my acid reflux problem, a friend who suffered with bile reflux has reported the same thing. It's Baclofen I believe a few years ago they were starting to prescribe it for bile reflux as it was so successful in MS patients. Might be worth asking you doctor if they are still prescribing it.
Thanks Julie. Yes, that might be worth a try. I think I'll ask my gp about that, because it's so unpleasant and makes you feel terribly sick.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2015, 03:54 PM

In general, everything that can reduce acidic reflux can reduce bile reflux, examples include lifestyle modification, weight reduction, and the avoidance of eating immediately before sleep or being in the supine position immediately after meals, in addition smoking has been found to be a factor in the development of acidic reflux, all of these factors should be applied to bile reflux as well.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2015, 04:41 PM

Good copy and paste there but might be nice to give a link to the place it is copied from.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2015, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
In general, everything that can reduce acidic reflux can reduce bile reflux, examples include lifestyle modification, weight reduction, and the avoidance of eating immediately before sleep or being in the supine position immediately after meals, in addition smoking has been found to be a factor in the development of acidic reflux, all of these factors should be applied to bile reflux as well.
Yes, Pats, I can understand why that would all help. I'm making a determined effort to do all those things. It's flared up again with the excesses of Christmas
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2015, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Good copy and paste there but might be nice to give a link to the place it is copied from.
complete article here
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

14-01-2015, 06:48 PM

I have read up on lots of advice for bile reflux. Most people find that not a lot helps when they are suffering. It tends to settle down itself. Eventually. Of course, there are all the dietary things and the losing weight (of course). Stress also adds to it.

I know it will eventually go again, but it is a horrible ailment. It causes gastritis, sore throat, headache, lightheadedness, nausea. It's almost toxic to your system.

At least I wasn't being sick down the toilet at work this morning. So that's a good thing

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top