Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2015, 02:04 AM

Re: Botched Up Bodies

A year or so ago I braved the Dentist after decades (a phobia) and having had my teeth sorted, I wanted to to get them whiter.

It cost a bit and I did it gradually, at home and it was definitely worth it.
My teeth are as good as they looked when I was 20 and people actually comment on them.

They are not that gleaming artificial colour people have when they get veneers ... they are natural
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2015, 02:17 AM

I too have a dentist phobia! is it some sort of toothpaste they give you to apply? I was told it was only a temporary fix
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2015, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
A year or so ago I braved the Dentist after decades (a phobia) and having had my teeth sorted, I wanted to to get them whiter.

It cost a bit and I did it gradually, at home and it was definitely worth it.
My teeth are as good as they looked when I was 20 and people actually comment on them.

They are not that gleaming artificial colour people have when they get veneers ... they are natural
The 'white tornado' look, doesn't do anyone any favours. I always watch Place in the Sun, but find myself looking at Jasmine's teeth most of the time.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2015, 11:07 AM

It's so obvious when some people whiten their teeth as they go too far.

Teeth are one of the first things I notice about people and always compliment them if they're naturally lovely.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2015, 11:14 AM

I watched a movie last night ... Love Is the Devil Study for a Portrait of Francis Bacon (1998) ... and the main character used Vim to clean his teeth . Might have a go myself .
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2015, 11:21 AM

My wee granny sometimes used salt to clean her teeth. Still had her own teeth in her 80's
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2015, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I too have a dentist phobia! is it some sort of toothpaste they give you to apply? I was told it was only a temporary fix
No not a toothpaste. The Dentist makes a special mould for your teeth and you apply 'stuff' and leave it on for an hour or so. You can get it done quickly but having read all the reviews, I decided to do it gradually over about 2 weeks.

https://www.dentalhealth.org/tell-me...ooth-whitening

Originally Posted by alice76 ->

Teeth are one of the first things I notice about people
Yep, me too
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

16-01-2015, 11:37 AM

BTW ... tooth whitening (bleaching) can not make your teeth whiter than they are naturally.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2015, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Diamond Lady ->
The 'white tornado' look, doesn't do anyone any favours. I always watch Place in the Sun, but find myself looking at Jasmine's teeth most of the time.
I know exactly what you mean only yesterday I said to my husband I was finding it hard to watch a show because the teeth of the actors was just blinding and a period piece as this was they would have been lucky to even have all their own teeth at that time in history !
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

16-01-2015, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I know exactly what you mean only yesterday I said to my husband I was finding it hard to watch a show because the teeth of the actors was just blinding and a period piece as this was they would have been lucky to even have all their own teeth at that time in history !
Lol yes ... they probably had a load of missing teef

Just remembered something else that annoys me about historical inaccuracies ... Michael Caine in Zulu (I think) opened his mouth wide and you could see all his amalgam fillings

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top