Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2015, 02:31 PM

Re: Electricals

That sounds like a good electrician Mups. Put his number on your phone for the future.
I must say that I think it's a great idea to ask for advice on a forum like this, there is always someone in the know, and like detective work; it's so exciting. We were all waiting with bated breath for the outcome Mups. We all knew that you weren't going to tackle the job yourself, and most of the advice given, suggested acquiring a professional. I agree with Nom, Grumblewagon, and Realspeed, if you don't feel confident enough to do the job without asking how to do it on here, then you shouldn't be doing it, for safety's sake. But there is no reason why we can't mull it over on here, and like Realspeed posted earlier, there is equipment out there that the novice can use to determine how to move forward.
Thanks for putting us out of our misery Mups.........Next?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2015, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
The electrician just popped in because he had left a sort of screwdriver 'thing' here, and he brought the invoice at the same time.
Guess how much?
£33.60 including vat. It was worth that to put my mind at rest, so I'm well pleased.
I would have gone on using that socket and who knows what might have happened otherwise.
Pleased it's been sorted out for you and made safe.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2015, 11:28 PM

[QUOTE=OldGreyFox;627011]That sounds like a good electrician Mups. Put his number on your phone for the future.
I must say that I think it's a great idea to ask for advice on a forum like this, there is always someone in the know, and like detective work; it's so exciting. We were all waiting with bated breath for the outcome Mups. We all knew that you weren't going to tackle the job yourself, and most of the advice given, suggested acquiring a professional. I agree with Nom, Grumblewagon, and Realspeed, if you don't feel confident enough to do the job without asking how to do it on here, then you shouldn't be doing it, for safety's sake. But there is no reason why we can't mull it over on here, and like Realspeed posted earlier, there is equipment out there that the novice can use to determine how to move forward.
Thanks for putting us out of our misery Mups.........Next?[/QUOTE]

Next? Funny you should say that Foxy, I had to meet an architect this morning to decide about this extension! Plus get the dodgy iron changed lunchtime, then view another bungalow this afternoon. No wonder I'm tired today....

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top