Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2010, 01:34 PM

Virtues and Vices

This is meant to be a light-hearted thread, where you can sing your own praises, and confess to a few little 'sins'.

I haven't got too many virtues. I am not vain about my appearance, although it really wasn't fair of the farmer to mistake me for the scarecrow. My husband, children, grandchildren and siblings seem to tolerate the old bat, although my elderly mother is still asking herself where she went wrong! Oh I do have a sense of humour, I laugh every time I look in the mirror, and then have 7 years bad luck when it shatters!

As for vices, well where do I start? I am not as patient as I should be with my disabled husband. I talk too much. I don't always put my brain into gear before engaging mouth or typing fingers! I am a raging hypochondriac, but I avoid the doctor like the plague, for which she should be grateful! I could go on but that would get boring.

Over to you.
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2010, 08:16 PM

Re: Virtues and Vices

Not sure of my virtues but vices - definitely my impatience and low boredom threshold. My impatience doesn't improve with age and I have to do everything quite fast before I become bored. Also collect phobias like other people collect stamps
alima
surrey
alima is female  alima has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2010, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by qetta ->
This is meant to be a light-hearted thread, where you can sing your own praises, and confess to a few little 'sins'.

I haven't got too many virtues. I am not vain about my appearance, although it really wasn't fair of the farmer to mistake me for the scarecrow. My husband, children, grandchildren and siblings seem to tolerate the old bat, although my elderly mother is still asking herself where she went wrong! Oh I do have a sense of humour, I laugh every time I look in the mirror, and then have 7 years bad luck when it shatters!

As for vices, well where do I start? I am not as patient as I should be with my disabled husband. I talk too much. I don't always put my brain into gear before engaging mouth or typing fingers! I am a raging hypochondriac, but I avoid the doctor like the plague, for which she should be grateful! I could go on but that would get boring.

Over to you.
You could be my twin except I don't remember breaking two mirrors.
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2010, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by buttercup ->
Not sure of my virtues but vices - definitely my impatience and low boredom threshold. My impatience doesn't improve with age and I have to do everything quite fast before I become bored. Also collect phobias like other people collect stamps
I collect phobias too, maybe we could swap them like stamps!
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2010, 03:04 PM

That's ok Qetta, I am feeling really generous today so you can have all mine for free
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2010, 03:40 PM

Can't think of any virtues

Vices - eating things I shouldn't
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2010, 03:57 PM

I wouldn't say my appearance is a vice although although I do think I was at the back of the queue when they were dishing out the good looks. My face is alright, my bust is way too big and years ago men used to watch me run up stairs cos my cross your heart bra used to make em bounce, and men never talk to a large busted woman they talk to her chest.

My legs are awful, late one Friday afternoon they had legs left over from making a job lot of sumo wrestlers so wanting to get home after a hard week they used them on me. Didn't look too bad until I reached middle age and then the comments about elephantitis started some people know how to insult you.

My face is quite pleasant in a pudgy sweet grandma sort of way. My eyes are too small and my nose has a bump in it, mouth is OK but my ears are huge, these ears have been passed on to sons who complain that they don't show with long hair but on men they look like dumbo or Prince Charles. Now to my horror I find that people are beginning to tell me that my grand-daughter looks like me. Imagine that?

My vices are that I try and kill people and animals with food. I overfed my first husband and he got diabetes and died young. My second husband has been told he has diabetes and we are cutting down on the portion sizes. My dog is also overweight and now the poor thing is on a diet, this is all down to me there are no excuses.

Another vice is that I talk too much in fact I will go off and not even realise that the person I am talking to has fallen asleep or worse left the room.

I am trying hard to come up with a virtue well, my family are quite nice and I can laugh at myself, which is handy cos then I have plenty to laugh at.

quetta you speak of laughing everytime you look in the mirror well I do to so I don't have mirrors in the house anymore it got too expensive to replace them. I use the side of the kettle I don't look so funny then.

You know the one about the midwife who didn't slap the baby but turned on the mother, well that was me too.
Dancingsky
None

25-09-2010, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by buttercup ->
That's ok Qetta, I am feeling really generous today so you can have all mine for free
Oh I couldn't possibly accept, that is far too generous of you, but I will let you have all mine gift wrapped!
Dancingsky
None

25-09-2010, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
I wouldn't say my appearance is a vice although although I do think I was at the back of the queue when they were dishing out the good looks. My face is alright, my bust is way too big and years ago men used to watch me run up stairs cos my cross your heart bra used to make em bounce, and men never talk to a large busted woman they talk to her chest.

My legs are awful, late one Friday afternoon they had legs left over from making a job lot of sumo wrestlers so wanting to get home after a hard week they used them on me. Didn't look too bad until I reached middle age and then the comments about elephantitis started some people know how to insult you.

My face is quite pleasant in a pudgy sweet grandma sort of way. My eyes are too small and my nose has a bump in it, mouth is OK but my ears are huge, these ears have been passed on to sons who complain that they don't show with long hair but on men they look like dumbo or Prince Charles. Now to my horror I find that people are beginning to tell me that my grand-daughter looks like me. Imagine that?

My vices are that I try and kill people and animals with food. I overfed my first husband and he got diabetes and died young. My second husband has been told he has diabetes and we are cutting down on the portion sizes. My dog is also overweight and now the poor thing is on a diet, this is all down to me there are no excuses.

Another vice is that I talk too much in fact I will go off and not even realise that the person I am talking to has fallen asleep or worse left the room.

I am trying hard to come up with a virtue well, my family are quite nice and I can laugh at myself, which is handy cos then I have plenty to laugh at.

quetta you speak of laughing everytime you look in the mirror well I do to so I don't have mirrors in the house anymore it got too expensive to replace them. I use the side of the kettle I don't look so funny then.

You know the one about the midwife who didn't slap the baby but turned on the mother, well that was me too.
I do like you, a person after my own heart.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2010, 04:25 PM

Thank you my love, it is nice to meet a fellow oddity.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top