Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2010, 04:26 PM

Re: Virtues and Vices

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
Thank you my love, it is nice to meet a fellow oddity.
Bet I am odder than you!
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2010, 04:56 PM

Ok I not only talk to myself but answer back to and get into arguments.
I also know that inanimate objects have methods of movement so they can hide and then appear where you really least expect them. I mean how did my glasses get into the fridege?

My dog understands me and everything I say to him much better than any human ever could.

My children are rarely embarassed by me but I am embarassed by them as they are so boring and conventional.

I have been known to find the security cameras in say B & Q and put a laundry basket over my head and start to beg to be released. When we used to shop (I do it on line now, much to the relief of the supermarkets) I would go through the checkout with a huge trolley of groceries and then look at my husband and say 'oh dear, I've left my purse at home' The look on the checkout persons face is incredible.

Lastly I cannot be told not to do something, so a Keep of the Grass notice is an invitation to me to hop, skip and shimmy on the grass. 'Do not Touch' notices are an invitation for me to fondle and hold.

Oh I nearly forgot once when I was in the office at work we had to call the police (I worked in a children's home) I sat on the floor as there were not enough chairs and while I was down there tied the shoe laces of the police officers boots together.

The battle is on qetta HOW ODD ARE YOU?
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2010, 05:55 PM

Virtues? I think I am (usually) easy to get on with and have a good,if sometimes obscure, sense of humour. I love cats,I love dogs and children if they belong to someone else.

Vices? I have a terrible temper but with age came a little moderation/control so it seldom escapes these days
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2010, 08:21 PM

Qetta and Cookiecate, you've both made me smile

Virtues........I'm a good listener and have loads of patience

Vices.........I enjoy a cigarette!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2010, 09:27 PM

Cookiecate, you forgot to add that you have a great sense of humor and a witty way of writing.

I'm a good friend, a good cook, kind to animals (except spiders and squirrels!), have a reasonably good sense of humor and can laugh at myself ... and always gave my seat on the bus to old ladies when I was young.

I'm stubborn and set in my ways, don't suffer fools gladly, smoke ands drink and ... expect to get a seat on the bus now that I'm an old lady!
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2010, 02:36 PM

I think that to live with myself I need a good sense of humour.

Thank you for saying that I have a witty way of writing, I do enjoy writing and one day I hope to finish my novel.
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2010, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by qetta ->
Oh I couldn't possibly accept, that is far too generous of you, but I will let you have all mine gift wrapped!
No I absolutely insist. Mind you, you may already have them, then what do we do?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top