Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2010, 12:09 PM

Useful tips

I am sure many of you have some useful tips to pass on to others.

Having nearly had my purse removed from my handbag by a pickpocket a few years ago (fortunately I realised what was going on and prevented its theft!) I now have my purse attached to my bag by a strap so it isn't easy to remove. It also ensures I don't put it down and forget to pick it up again, as I did once!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2010, 12:25 PM

Re: Useful tips

That's a good tip, qetta, thanks!
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2010, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
That's a good tip, qetta, thanks!
Thanks Mags.

I have chased after people on a number of occasions who have left their purses on a shop counter, or at the checkout, it is easily done.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2010, 01:57 PM

Been to stay over night with friends? you went shopping?

You forgot the shopping upon leaving didn`t you?

Just bung the car keys in with the shopping the night before and it will never happen again
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2010, 02:20 PM

Both good tips! Esp about the shopping as I'm always doing that! But usually for frozen food - think the keys might object a little to that (supposed the could always get hung on the freezer lol).

Re my wallet, I am constantly checking to see if my wallet is still there and always put it in the same back pocket (so it feels empty when not there). If I ever went somewhere where pick-pocketing is rife, I'd get one of those wallets with velcro on it, so the wallet can't easily be removed by someone from behind

My tip: look after your body/health - you only have one!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2010, 04:27 PM

If you have a checkbook, on January 1st mark the first 10 or so checks with the new year; by the time they're used up you'll be used to rembering the new date.
Dancingsky
None

04-10-2010, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
If you have a checkbook, on January 1st mark the first 10 or so checks with the new year; by the time they're used up you'll be used to rembering the new date.
I rarely use a cheque book these days. I believe the banks are thinking of phasing them out by 2018.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2010, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by qetta ->
I rarely use a cheque book these days. I believe the banks are thinking of phasing them out by 2018.
Same here, qetta, I can't remember the last time I used a cheque ......
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

05-10-2010, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Old git ->
Been to stay over night with friends? you went shopping?

You forgot the shopping upon leaving didn`t you?

Just bung the car keys in with the shopping the night before and it will never happen again

Now that`s a good idea OG ...........

Hope you`re feeling better now
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2010, 06:29 PM

Heres a tip, if you burn any part of your hands rub the burn vigourously against the scalp of your head for about 20 seconds, this will prevent a blister and pain. I learned this trick from a Turkish chap I was apprenticed to in the 60s and it works a treat. Alas, I don't think it works on bald People, and if you burn your leg or backside it's just too bad (unless you're a contortionist).

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top