Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2010, 07:51 PM

Re: Useful tips

Originally Posted by qetta ->
I would have you know that I used to do all the exterior painting of the house, even getting on the roof to paint the chimney, and I didn't fall off one! (OK, OK more luck than judgement!) My husband has always hated heights. However even I have got slightly more sensible, and as my arthritis is getting worse, we now get the place done by a professional painter and decorator!

It is still my pleasant duty to rod out the drains to the septic tank, one day I will fall in, I bet!
I was cleaning out the drains once (always did it and still do) and one of the rods went through the kitchen window smashing the glass. Another time I was on the roof cleaning out a gully (got out through sash window in bathroom) Sash window slammed shut and I was out there for ages until hubby could hear me shouting. Fell off the top of a ladder once and knocked myself out. Was cutting hedge with electric trimmer, went through the cable with the blade and then touched the wire to see if it was live - it was!! Stupid or what - so you could say, who am I to talk??:
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2010, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
Here's a brilliant tip .... If you hate washing up get yourself a dishwasher. I've just got one for the first time in my life and I don't know how I've lived without one all these years, they are brilliant! I can't get over something doing all my washing up for me, it saves me such a lot of time. I couldn't live without one now.
I got a dishwasher years ago ........ it's called a husband!
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2010, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by buttercup ->
I was cleaning out the drains once (always did it and still do) and one of the rods went through the kitchen window smashing the glass. Another time I was on the roof cleaning out a gully (got out through sash window in bathroom) Sash window slammed shut and I was out there for ages until hubby could hear me shouting. Fell off the top of a ladder once and knocked myself out. Was cutting hedge with electric trimmer, went through the cable with the blade and then touched the wire to see if it was live - it was!! Stupid or what - so you could say, who am I to talk??:
Blimey dear another walking disaster!
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2010, 09:21 AM

Rub an onion on bruises - it helps with the healing, though I've no idea why.
If your finger's bleeding and you have any black pepper handy, plunge your finger into the pepper. It constricts the blood vessels (but remember to throw the pepper out afterwards, ha ha).
To clean your toilet pan, drop a few Alka Seltzer or teeth cleaning tablets down - or some fizzy drink such as Coca Cola. It brings the enamel up bright - but does make you wonder what it does to your insides!
If you understand shorthand, write your PIN numbers down that way and keep them handy so only you can read them.
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2010, 09:52 AM

A clean piece of coal will perk up a droopy lettuce.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top