Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2010, 10:06 AM

The Trapped Chilian Miners

It is great news that the shaft has been drilled all the way down to the trapped miners, but I do think the popping of champagne corks yesterday was a bit premature, much could go wrong yet. The time for celebrations will be when all 33 of those poor men are back on the surface again.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2010, 10:47 AM

Re: The Trapped Chilian Miners

Oh I agree, DS, the champagne should have been saved for later. I hope and pray everything goes to plan and those poor men are brought to the surface safely.

I heard on the radio last night that they will be lowering a doctor in the rescue capsule first to make the decision in which order the men are brought to the surface.
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2010, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Oh I agree, DS, the champagne should have been saved for later. I hope and pray everything goes to plan and those poor men are brought to the surface safely.

I heard on the radio last night that they will be lowering a doctor in the rescue capsule first to make the decision in which order the men are brought to the surface.
I believe a number of people are to be lowered into the mine before the rescue is attempted. I think those people are very brave.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2010, 12:50 PM

Well let's hope nothing does go wrong! I think it was for the people who did the good work drilling thru' to reach those poor trapped miners but hope it isn't tempting fate too much.

Safe journey to the top for all of them.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2010, 08:48 PM

Have been following this on Sky News....it now seems to be that it will be Wednesday when the first miner comes out-all being well. Apparently they are 'arguing' about who should come out last! So long as they are all out that's all that matters.......
Dancingsky
None

11-10-2010, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Have been following this on Sky News....it now seems to be that it will be Wednesday when the first miner comes out-all being well. Apparently they are 'arguing' about who should come out last! So long as they are all out that's all that matters.......
I agree, let's hope it all goes smoothly.

The wife (17) of the youngest trapped miner was interviewed yesterday. She seemed less than excited about the rescue and said their relationship would have changed a lot. That doesn't seem to bode well for their future, especially as the young man is reported to be suffering from significant psychological problems due to his confinement. Mind you I suspect after the initial euphoria has died down if the rescue is successful, most of the miners families will find the period of adjustment a bit difficult.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2010, 10:58 PM

Have just put Sky News on, and the rescue of the miners is now starting (11pm). My thoughts and prayers are with the miners, their families and the rescuers. Safe journey to the top for all of them.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2010, 11:05 PM

I sincerely hope everything goes to plan and they are all brought to the surface safely.

What they have endured these past couple of months is beyond belief.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

12-10-2010, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I sincerely hope everything goes to plan and they are all brought to the surface safely.

What they have endured these past couple of months is beyond belief.
It's incredible how they have coped Mags. Hopefully, in time, they will all recover well from this dreadful experience.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

12-10-2010, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
It's incredible how they have coped Mags. Hopefully, in time, they will all recover well from this dreadful experience.
I wonder if they will be offered counselling after an ordeal like that

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top