Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2010, 08:13 AM

Re: The Trapped Chilian Miners

As I woke up for a while during the night I put my radio on at 4am and listened to the BBC World Service as the first miner being brought to the surface, which was great.

It sounds as if they are going to take great care with the miner's health, mental and physical. The will receive counselling for 6 months.

Appparently five of the miners have not only their wives waiting for them at the top of the shaft but their mistresses too! If I was one of the wives who only discovered my husband had a mistress because of this drama, I would be tempted to push him back down the mine again, head first!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2010, 09:36 AM

The first six Chilean miners are out and the one I saw looked remarkably well. He gave presents of rock to his rescuers and to the President (I think it was him). Its marvellous what resilience people have when they have to be strong.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2010, 03:17 PM

I was listening to 5Live throughout the night, it was very emotional when the first miner was brought to the surface.

The resilience and courage these 33 men have shown is a tremendous inspiration. I truly hope that each one of these men will be safely delivered to the surface and their families.

13 men have been rescued so far...
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2010, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Dancingsky ->

Appparently five of the miners have not only their wives waiting for them at the top of the shaft but their mistresses too! If I was one of the wives who only discovered my husband had a mistress because of this drama, I would be tempted to push him back down the mine again, head first!
Me too Dancingsky
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2010, 08:13 AM

Thank goodness all the miner are safely on the surface again and in remarkably good condition considering they have been confined in a hole in the ground for so long.

It seems incredible that some of them have heart conditions and diabetes yet were still permitted work as miners, I doubt that would be the case in the UK.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2010, 12:47 PM

What an immense relief for everyone!
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2010, 04:38 PM

An immense relief, indeed. I just hope that the long-term effect on these men and their families is not too traumatic.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2010, 06:46 PM

I watched a lot of it on TV and was amazed how well to men looked, but I have to admit I was terrified that the skinny cable would snap or something would go wrong, it's fantastic it all worked so well.
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2010, 07:06 PM

Hasn't this been the most inspiring News for a long time.

The courage of these Miners, the way so many engineers have worked together to rescue them, their families setting up camp on the Site. The Country of Chile drawing together with full support including their President who greeted each one.

PLUS Countries around the world united in their concern, wonder and joy to see these men and their families safely re-united.
Nippy
South Devon
Nippy is female  Nippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2010, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Dancingsky ->
Different culture though isn't it

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
I watched a lot of it on TV and was amazed how well to men looked, but I have to admit I was terrified that the skinny cable would snap or something would go wrong, it's fantastic it all worked so well.
Oooo and me, I found the whole thing very stressful.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top