Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 03:41 PM

Have you ever been visited by an agent from MI5?

I am reading a book about a secret service agent, and I remembered the time we were visited by one about 30 years ago. My husband's best friend had applied for a job in one of Britain's more secret arenas, so he had to be thoroughly vetted first. The agent called himself 'Mr Alabaster', which we didn't believe for a second was his real name! He asked us loads of questions about our friend, and some about us, I suppose the company he kept was important too! We must have provided satisfactory answers as he got the job.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 04:10 PM

Re: Have you ever been visited by an agent from MI5?

I'm waiting for the knock on the door as we speak - and when they come I have a cunning escape plan and will be ready to run out of the back door to my sister-in-laws - hers is a safe house. If they catch me I will only give my name, rank and number - they won't make me talk.
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 04:42 PM

When we first came to live in this lane 15 years ago, we bought the bungalow just opposite the house we now occupy. The vendor was a pleasant Polish gentleman. It was only after we had been in the bungalow for a few weeks that we heard a most incredible tale from our next door neighbour. Apparently the vendor and his sons had served a prison sentence for supplying a rocket launcher to the IRA! They owned (could still own) an Arms and Militaria shop in Chester, and MI5 had become suspicious of their activities, so kept the bungalow under surveillance for a while. They hit the jackpot when they were discovered loading a rocket launcher into their van, it had been housed in the garage of the bungalow! Our neighbour, who worked for the MOD, had to answer some tricky questions as he was friendly with the vendor. Fortunately he was cleared of all suspicion, and was eventually awarded the MBE for his charity work.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 04:51 PM

Is it safe for you to be telling us about your husbands job?
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 04:53 PM

Not that I am aware of, but you never know!!!!!!!!Thinking back the double glazing salesman looked a bit suspicious
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 06:12 PM

The only agent I would look forward to is one from E.R.N.I.E or the National Lottery!
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 06:25 PM

Nobody would ever take me seriously enough to warrant a visit. But I did get offered a job interview at Porton Down in 1979 so I guess someone somewhere knew a bit about me.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 06:25 PM

No, never had a visit from anyone like that! Just sat down for a dinner beside two special officers who had guns under their dinner jackets! Peter Mandleson was the guest at a Labour Party function! I suppose they required them just in case!! They were both lovely chaps though
Dancingsky
None

21-10-2010, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Is it safe for you to be telling us about your husbands job?
My husband was a secondary school head teacher before he retired in 2003!
Manxman
Manchester, UK
Manxman is male  Manxman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2010, 06:56 PM

I cannot say, I may have to silence you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top