Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2010, 06:45 PM

Re: Separate bedrooms

Originally Posted by maryl ->
My husband snores too, not really loudly but on and on ..... I grab all the duvet to my side. Since having Dizzy (my son's bonkers dog) to stay here I have been sleeping on the sofa with her all week and it's been bliss, slept right through the nights. When she goes back I may well make up a bed for him in the spare room.
It was me that ended up in the spare room!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2010, 07:07 PM

We usually sleep together. I try to be considerate and not take up too much of the bed, snore too much, or pinch all the duvet and I really do try to control my restless legs. There is no doubt that I am not a peacefull sleeper, but I say he is just the same and if anyone is going to get out of our bed and go sleep in the spare room it will be him. The bed will then become mine all mine and he will then have the problem of getting back in my bed with me. He hates to have to beg
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2010, 09:41 PM

I love to snuggle! We sleep like snakes in a pit and love the closeness and skin touching. He does however snore like a pig but oh well lol
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2010, 10:30 PM

Single, not a problem for me.
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2010, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
I love to snuggle! We sleep like snakes in a pit and love the closeness and skin touching. He does however snore like a pig but oh well lol
I must admit the older I get the less I like being handled!
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2010, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Single, not a problem for me.
So am I

Fancy meeting up some time
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2010, 12:02 PM

Apparently, sharing beds years ago was based on poverty needs!
Those of 'higher income' always had separate bedrooms.
It was mentioned that 'trips along the corridor' were more exiting too!!

(In modern days it became adapted for a married couple to share a bed in the same room).

Rainbow
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2010, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Rainbow ->
Apparently, sharing beds years ago was based on poverty needs!
Those of 'higher income' always had separate bedrooms.
It was mentioned that 'trips along the corridor' were more exiting too!!

(In modern days it became adapted for a married couple to share a bed in the same room).

Rainbow
Trips along the corridor always led to a courtesan(sp)
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2010, 12:23 PM

Tut tut galty!!

Little tap on the door with anticipation of being invited to enter

Or perhaps the clear signal of; "CLEAR OFF"!!!

Rainbow
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2010, 01:09 PM

I must admit I have been thinking about this for a while now but my wife gets the hump if I mention it.
I snore - I know that I do and I also know that, at times, I keep her awake. My wife is a duvet kicker-offer and grabber, often leaving me uncovered in the night.
On our holiday in Spain in September our room had two enormous beds. It was bliss and even my wife liked that.
Unfortunately we don't have room for two doubles in either of our double bedrooms BUT they both have a double bed in them, one unused now except for guests occassionally.
Trouble is getting my wife to see my point - it'll never happen!! stevmk2

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top