Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2010, 03:22 PM

Re: Monday Muggles

Thanks for the concern I am managing to keep my head above water. I just hope my menfolk don't go down with it too. When our DS son (25) is ill one has to treat him like a 2 year old, which can be hard work.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2010, 03:38 PM

Thank you ladies, my wife is slightly better than last night. There is nothing that I would not do for her, she is my reason for living so to speak.
DS I hope that you are feeling better soon and Rosemary, sorry to hear about your finger. I know from bitter experience that Parrots can give you a bad nip.
The sun is lookinging down from between some ominous looking grey clouds but Dylan has to have his third walk of the day soon so that he can relax before his nightly walk.
Why do we always get dogs that need a lot of walking, all our dogs have been active types.

Right, off to run a bath for my wife and then walk Dylan before making my meal for tonight
It is the only time I venture into the kitchen to cook when my wife is ill. The kitchen is and always has been her domain.
We have some friends who have retired and the man has taken over in the Kitchen, is anyone else ( Male) a kitchen grabber?
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2010, 03:46 PM

We had a small Conure parrot years ago. It resided in the bathroom for lack of anywhere else to put it when we moved into a bungalow. My mother was visiting and insisted on covering it with a towel before using the loo or having her shower! We donated it to an old people's home in the end, if I remember rightly.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2010, 04:54 PM

Hi all!. November already, the year has flown. Sunny but nippy this morning: 10 C (44 F); first frost predicted tonight in the City, so have been carrying all the pot plants indoors for the Winter. It takes a while to tote all those heavy pots up the stairs: 4 geraniums and 12 amaryllis; got a bit short of breath; getting old!

Glad Mrs AB is feeling better, also DS, hope the menfolk don't get the bug!
Ouch, parrot bite!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2010, 05:14 PM

Sorry to hear some of you are not too well, hope you all recover soon. I'm a terror when I've got 'flu, they all stay away from me until I'm well again. I make a drink of whiskey, lemon, cloves, drink it as hot as I can stand it, eat nothing and go to bed for two or three Days and I'm better again, never failed me.
Dancingsky
None

01-11-2010, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
Sorry to hear some of you are not too well, hope you all recover soon. I'm a terror when I've got 'flu, they all stay away from me until I'm well again. I make a drink of whiskey, lemon, cloves, drink it as hot as I can stand it, eat nothing and go to bed for two or three Days and I'm better again, never failed me.
I had my flu jab a couple of weeks ago! I have to be dying before I can go to bed for a day or so as I am the carer around here!
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2010, 05:58 PM

That's strange because I feel full of cold today too, so staying in the warm. I was woken by the milkman's float at 3am this morning, I think he must have been a new chap because he was going up and down our road probably looking for house numbers in the dark We cancelled it a few years ago as it got too expensive but I do still miss the nice glass bottles and the Christmas goodies delivered.
Dancingsky
None

01-11-2010, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
That's strange because I feel full of cold today too, so staying in the warm. I was woken by the milkman's float at 3am this morning, I think he must have been a new chap because he was going up and down our road probably looking for house numbers in the dark We cancelled it a few years ago as it got too expensive but I do still miss the nice glass bottles and the Christmas goodies delivered.
Take care Maryl.

A miserable old man delivers milk to one or two of the neighbours, at least I should say it is his poor wife who delivers the milk, whilst he sits behind the wheel of his truck! He delivers it at about 3pm, a fat lot of use on a boiling hot summer day, when i thas to sit on the doorstep until the occupants gets home from work! I have bought my milk from the supermarket for well over twenty years after I discovered the milkman, where we then lived was charging me for pints of milk we hadn't had!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2010, 09:30 PM

Evening all........hope your wife is feeling a bit better tonight AB, and also you as well DS......there seems to be a lot of colds, sore throats and other bugs going around at the moment-hopefully I can avoid them!

Lots of household jobs this morning, walking and then after dinner went to supermarket for few things, and then for another stroll...had to make the most of the sunshine!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top