Join for free
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2010, 09:22 AM

Whiteout Wednesday

We have much more snow today than we have had so far this winter in our part of North Wales. Our chances of digging ourselves out to spend Christmas with our daughter are diminishing!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2010, 10:23 AM

Re: Whiteout Wednesday

Good Morning DS and Everyone and hope you all have a nice day, whatever the weather is like.

So very cold again but the fog has cleared up a bit - I can see the other side of the drive now!!

Take care and stay safe.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2010, 10:57 AM

IMG]http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm81/Bob508/Posted/wednesday_046.jpg[/IMG]

Good Morning DS, Rosemary and everyone of course.

Been shopping for food to last us through the Christmas Period,, the shops were pack and people just barging around grabbing things as though there was no tomorrow. I am glad that we wont be in the shops on Friday if this morning is anything to go by.

So, shopping is done until after the New YEAR now it is time to relax and enjoy the rest of Christmas. A walk along the shore today watching the ice form and the sea birds search for food. lunch at the Local pub and an afternoon of relaxation with a glass or two of Brandy, bliss.

Love the picture Rosemary, so Christmassy.

Have a Wonderful day and remember that at this time of the year it is family and friends who need you. Tell them you love them and give them a hug, tomorrow could be to late as tomorrow never comes.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2010, 01:06 PM

Good morning all!

There is a biting wind this morning, the pavements are like glass ...... not very nice to be out in at all.

This weather is really disrupting the Christmas arrangements for many people, those travelling to relatives and those looking to fly away for a warmer Christmas. Unfortunately my son will now be unable to join us this year due to going down with the dreaded flu virus

Take care everyone ....
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2010, 05:40 PM

Hi peeps! Unrelenting cold weather continues, 2 C (33 F), wind chill minus 2, heavy cloud cover. Out to the market for a few things I forgot to add to to tomorrow's delivery, then the library and got gin, so am set for now. Haven't tackled setting up the Kindle yet. Leia ouistubborned me this morning; would not eat her Ocean fish, so gave in when I got home and gave her Minced Turkey, which has vanished ... I think she inhales it

Mags, so sorry your son has the bug; tell him hi from me.
Brandykins, love that GIF!!

Stay warm and dry, all; enjoy the brandy, AB!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2010, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Hi peeps! Unrelenting cold weather continues, 2 C (33 F), wind chill minus 2, heavy cloud cover. Out to the market for a few things I forgot to add to to tomorrow's delivery, then the library and got gin, so am set for now. Haven't tackled setting up the Kindle yet. Leia ouistubborned me this morning; would not eat her Ocean fish, so gave in when I got home and gave her Minced Turkey, which has vanished ... I think she inhales it

Mags, so sorry your son has the bug; tell him hi from me.
Brandykins, love that GIF!!

Stay warm and dry, all; enjoy the brandy, AB!
I will do Eileen ..... thanks!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2010, 10:46 PM

Sorry to hear your Son isn't well Mags....hope he starts feeling better soon.

Dandysmom, the lovely Leia (got the spelling right this time!) must sense its Christmas and time for Turkey!..........

Another exciting walk to the recreation ground this morning. After dinner ventured out in the car to the supermarket-had cleared 3/4 of it but no space available where they had cleared it, so parked up in what I thought was a safe place to be able to get out-how wrong was I. Couldn't get off-wheels just kept spinning-took me about 15 mins but made it off safely. As for inside the supermarket-it was manic. Couldn't believe the queues down every aisle! Got in at 12.10pm-got home at 2.15pm Plenty food in now, and have no intention of going anywhere near any shop until middle next week-had enough!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2010, 11:39 PM

LOL, merz, Leia can't spell; but she does know what she doesn't like ... won't try that tin of food again! What a nightmare at the market; I was at mine early this morning about 9:15 and it wasn't too busy; in and out quickly as I just needed a few things. I too won't be back to a market till after Christmas!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2010, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
LOL, merz, Leia can't spell; but she does know what she doesn't like ... won't try that tin of food again! What a nightmare at the market; I was at mine early this morning about 9:15 and it wasn't too busy; in and out quickly as I just needed a few things. I too won't be back to a market till after Christmas!
That's what I thought I'd be Dandysmom, in and out in no time-wasn't to be. Goodness knows what it will be like tomorrow and Christmas Eve!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top