Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 07:28 PM

When Did You Last Cry Your Heart Out?

Mine was yesterday! I am the biggest hardcase out but l sobbed. Sobbed for all the years gone by and the loss of everyone l loved....

My cousin, only 61 died unexpectedly at the beginning of March. Her funeral was on Wednesday this week. Her brother only in his forties, died four years ago. He had an aneurysm.

At his funeral, many of my relatives came over from Ireland for his funeral. At the funeral, they enquired about some cine film my (estranged dad) had taken of us, family weddings, holidays in Ireland etc in the 1960’s. They wanted to put it onto DVD, so l gave them the reels that l had.

On Wednesday at my cousin’s funeral, my cousins were there and they gave me a DVD, they had done of the cine film.

I watched it on Wednesday evening and became very emotional. There were my grandparents, my mom, my dad, my brother and sisters, our cat and my dog that l had in the 1960’s.

When you look at photographs, it’s not so bad but when you see them moving, your grandparents, your parents, so young and my dad who l didn’t realise, was the dead spit of Pierce Brosnan!
Me at 15 years old, my brother, my sisters, so young. My old family home, our neighbours.

You wonder where the years have gone!

So l ask, when did you last cry?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 07:39 PM

Re: When Did You Last Cry Your Heart Out?

I'm sorry for your pain Art, we were given tears/emotions for a reason so let those tears flow, it helps release the stress and we all know stress is bad for us.
I'm quite an emotional person but the last time I really sobbed was when my beloved sister and mother died, both suddenly within 3 weeks of each other. I have cried a lot during my grief and never experienced pain like it. I yearn for them both so much and as I type this I have tears in my eyes with that yearning.
Our loved ones may be gone but no one can ever take away our memories, in time I hope to think of those memories with a smile instead of tears but for now I'm not not in that stage of my grief.
RIP our loved ones and (big hugs) for you xxxxx
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I'm sorry for your pain Art, we were given tears/emotions for a reason so let those tears flow, it helps release the stress and we all know stress is bad for us.
I'm quite an emotional person but the last time I really sobbed was when my beloved sister and mother died, both suddenly within 3 weeks of each other. I have cried a lot during my grief and never experienced pain like it. I yearn for them both so much and as I type this I have tears in my eyes with that yearning.
Our loved ones may be gone but no one can ever take away our memories, in time I hope to think of those memories with a smile instead of tears but for now I'm not not in that stage of my grief.
RIP our loved ones and (big hugs) for you xxxxx
Gosh, Lion Queen, that was awful for you to lose your mother and sister so close together.

You jog along happily in life and something hits you so hard, so unexpectedly, then breaks you...
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 07:55 PM

Sorry for your loss Art, looks like its hit you hard ,Have a hug from me too .x
Last time i sobbed was a few years back , in a GPs room , life had got to much and i did something silly , but that visit to the Drs I opened up and sobbed so much the staff came knocking at the door . For a long while i felt like i couldnt face going back there . But it was a turning point and ive not sobbed like that since .
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 07:56 PM

Really sorry to hear about your cousin, Art. These sad events always bring back memories of other people close to us who we have lost over the years, and it's good to have a good cry as we remember them. If we didn't cry, we would wonder why, wouldn't we? You take care.

The last time I truly utterly wept like a baby was when my wife was told she had cancer last year, but not in front of her. It was frequent and always when I was by myself: In the car, many times at work.
Luckily she got through it but it was a horrible experience. Not for me but for my wife. She's fine now, thank goodness.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Really sorry to hear about your cousin, Art. These sad events always bring back memories of other people close to us who we have lost over the years, and it's good to have a good cry as we remember them. If we didn't cry, we would wonder why, wouldn't we? You take care.

The last time I truly utterly wept like a baby was when my wife was told she had cancer last year, but not in front of her. It was frequent and always when I was by myself: In the car, many times at work.
Luckily she got through it but it was a horrible experience. Not for me but for my wife. She's fine now, thank goodness.
I'm so glad to hear your wife is now fine, you must both be so relieved.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I'm so glad to hear your wife is now fine, you must both be so relieved.
Thank you, Lion Queen.
Yes we are. She had a hysterectomy last July and went through the radiotherapy process. She made an amazingly good recovery, though it wasn't easy for her.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 08:19 PM

Sorry to hear of your loss Art, and your bad times as well Floydy

I feel awful for saying this, but the last time I cried my heart out, and often do when I think of him, was when my beloved dog Gunnar was put to sleep in 2004

Ive never felt such heart break in my life
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 08:20 PM

When our last cat died.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

06-04-2018, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Sorry to hear of your loss Art, and your bad times as well Floydy

I feel awful for saying this, but the last time I cried my heart out, and often do when I think of him, was when my beloved dog Gunnar was put to sleep in 2004

Ive never felt such heart break in my life
Don't feel awful for saying that, our fur kids are our family and it hurts so much to lose them too. I remember when my Cavalier King Charles Snoopy passed away, I was devastated

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top