Join for free
Page 7 of 13 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 09:56 AM

Re: Air rage

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I can not see the harm in one drink on a journey..I can't see how that would have much affect on ones alertness .

I am sure quite a few choose to have a glass of wine on board.

It's people like that woman(that's if she had been drinking )...that ruin it for others,..who are sensible .
Yes I.agree but the problem is you can't police how many drinks people have and how they react to alcohol. Best to ban it altogether in my view let your holiday start when you step off the plane....drink as much as you like then.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 10:04 AM

I can not see the harm in one drink on a journey..I can't see how that would have much affect on ones alertness .

I am sure quite a few choose to have a glass of wine on board.

It's people like that woman(that's if she had been drinking )...that ruin it for others,..who are sensible .
The problem being that some people do not know when to stop!

If that's the case.."alert"...what about driving a car?..how many units can you consume..and drive?
If driving a car and wishing to be as responsible and alert as that requires, then the answer to that is definitely 'none'!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
We mostly do long haul.
My dear wife is nervous about flying. A glass of wine calms her nerves then she sleeps most of the way. Are you seriously suggesting that she must be denied that?
Yes definitely, she needs to be alert as I have said before if there is an emergency. Flights do get into trouble, I was on a flight at the turn of this century when we hit some extreme turbulence, it was quite scary. We had to be prepared in case the plane landed in the sea. Passengers who weren't alert due to alcohol could have drowned if the plane had landed in the sea. Fortunately we got through it and arrived safely after a very unpleasant landing.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Yes I.agree but the problem is you can't police how many drinks people have and how they react to alcohol. Best to ban it altogether in my view let your holiday start when you step off the plane....drink as much as you like then.

that's true...but I just think it's very unfair for those who are sensible with what they consume....

So many things get spoilt by irresponsible people....they are the ones that should be banned....IMO.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
The problem being that some people do not know when to stop!

Maybe not,but others do!.
So the ones who don't know when to stop spoil it for others...they are the ones who need to be banned from drinking on a flight.

If driving a car and wishing to be as responsible and alert as that requires, then the answer to that is definitely 'none'!

So why does the law allow it......because they believe they will be alert..otherwise it wouldn't be allowed.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 10:21 AM

that's true...but I just think it's very unfair for those who are sensible with what they consume....

So many things get spoilt by irresponsible people....they are the ones that should be banned....IMO.
Pauline, l still don’t ‘get’ why anyone needs to drink alcohol on a flight?
Why can’t they start their holiday drinking when they get to their destination?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

19-07-2019, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Pauline, l still don’t ‘get’ why anyone needs to drink alcohol on a flight?
Why can’t they start their holiday drinking when they get to their destination?
..I could go without,but then I don't fly...you could also ask...what is wrong with one glass of wine,Art?..
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 10:25 AM

So why does the law allow it......because they believe they will be alert..otherwise it wouldn't be allowed.
A level of alcohol in the blood has to be allowed, it's not always possible to have a zero amount. For instance mouth wash can contain alcohol. Personally I know that if I haven't had an alcoholic drink, any accident I might be involved in will not be due to me drinking and driving.

I have a conscience and would find it very difficult to live with myself if I injured, or worse still, killed someone as a result of me drinking and driving. For those who do wish to drink responsibly but not drive then there are taxis and public transport.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 10:26 AM

Oh dear!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 10:27 AM

There's nowt wrong with having drink as a plane passenger, especially after a meal.

Having a couple of G & T's on a trip of two or three hours is rather nice as is a mini bottle of what can be quite reasonable wine with a meal is great as is a brandy or similar afterwards. It's CIVILISED!

Where the wheels drop off is when knuckle dragging scum get tanked up before flight. Worse yet is when drink is mixed with drugs. That's just part of Broken Britain though.

Page 7 of 13 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top