Join for free
Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 09:31 PM

Re: A proposed new royal yacht, I wonder where it will be built?

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
A lot of comments about this on the military forums. Apparently the building cost, manning and running is coming out of the defence budget. Comments from serving soldiers are concentrated on the cost whilst they do not have hot running water or heating in their accommodation.
It makes me angry that Boris is, bit by bit, destroying everything that's good about our country.

We have the best military in the world. Not the biggest by a long chalk, but the best.

Oh, if only we had a great leader again, like Maggie or Winston. One who'd put the country first and stand up to those who'd do us harm, including those living among us.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
No wonder the illegal immigrants are moaning Vlad ??
Wrong thread l know ! But maybe the yacht won't have any either ??

Donkeyman! 👍👍
No wonder
Assuming that the Royal Navy and a detachment of the Royal Marines are running it and protecting the guests no expense will be spared to keep them warm and squeaky clean.
We can’t have smelly Jack tars and boot necks in close proximity to the nobility
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
It makes me angry that Boris is, bit by bit, destroying everything that's good about our country.

We have the best military in the world. Not the biggest by a long chalk, but the best.

Oh, if only we had a great leader again, like Maggie or Winston. One who'd put the country first and stand up to those who'd do us harm, including those living among us.

And today, GB News reported that UK soldiers were being sent to assist in Africa.

And they have not been vaccinated.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
And today, GB News reported that UK soldiers were being sent to assist in Africa.

Makes you wonder who is our real enemy.
I had always assumed it was the Frog.
Now I wonder if it's closer to home.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 11:37 PM

Africa's a bloody big place ! Did they give any further details Ted??

Donkeyman! 👍👍
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 07:55 AM

GB News host rages over lack of Covid jabs for UK troops - 'This is how we treat them?!'

"GB NEWS host Simon McCoy hit out following reports the British Army has failed to fully vaccinate troops with two doses before deploying personnel."

Link below for those who want to know more:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/14...army-supply-vn
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 04:00 PM

I can't help wondering if we have any shipyards left, in the UK, capable of building something such as this.

In Scotland, after they leave the "UK"?

Where else?
It could be built in Barrow-in-Furness or Devonport for example. As for it going to International tender per procurement rules, surely all the MoD has to say is that it has a designated alternative military role as well as a business role and that should suffice?

Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top