Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 03:02 AM

Car Valeting

Has anybody ever paid for this? Unfortunately, I am unable to give my car a good clean, wax and polish these days as I find it very hard work, although I used to do this on a regular basis with my much bigger Cortina Estate, but can no longer keep my car clean and it is in such an awful state!

I won't put it through a car wash, but I have thought about these personal valeting services, which seem to be quite reasonable, but I just wondered if anybody else had used them and what they thought of them.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 08:19 AM

Re: Car Valeting

I normally do the valeting myself but when it goes for a service I have it professionaly valeted and I have to admit it is better than mine.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 10:40 AM

I am the one who drives and takes care of the car in our household and because I have a dog and the grandchildren kick the back of the car to pieces and get muddy feet all over the place I pay to have my car cleaned. Outside I have done about once a month and inside 3-4 times a year (with a quick damp cloth clean around inside inbetween). It costs me £10 to have a wash and mini valet (£15 if I want a super job inside and out). They always do the alloys regardless of what I paY. About once a year I do the outside myself and treat it to a good wax to preserve the finish. When I bought my current car the dealer threw in an Autoglym preservation thingy job which is supposed to last and help keep the outside and inside from deteriorating and I think it is working. I never put the car through a car wash.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 12:31 PM

Yes I have. I had OH's car valeted after he died ready for selling. They usually do a great job and I think its worth the money every so often but I do put mine through the car wash as well particularly after the winter when I pay for the top wash which gives it a good wax as well. As long as you remove or retract the radio aeriel I find automated car washes quite safe.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 07:26 PM

Wow Rena, I am comig to hvae my car valeted where you have yours done, it cost me £78 for a full valet and £52 for a mini valet.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Wow Rena, I am comig to hvae my car valeted where you have yours done, it cost me £78 for a full valet and £52 for a mini valet.
It's probably not done as well as yours AB but I can afford to have the car done regularly. It's a lot better than I can do and it saves me a lot of time and effort. I am sure there are others around the country offering similar. I just drop it off and go into town for an hour (free parking) and when I come back it is all shiny again - the car even has an air freshener hanging inside. I couldn't afford to pay £78.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 08:09 PM

I usually do mine myself.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 08:21 PM

I paid £50 for a full valet and reckon I got my money's worth as I drive a working company car with doubles as my office.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 09:32 PM

I wish I could still do my own, but it's a physical impossibility for me now.

I found this local company on t'internet, which seems quite reasonable to me, with full pick up and delivery service. Might give these a go next month.

http://www.shine-on-line.co.uk/prices.html
poppycock
hampshire England
poppycock is female  poppycock has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 10:12 PM

I paid £70 about 2 years ago for a full valet it was really good just like new but I couldnt afford one now.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top