Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 10:37 PM

Re: Car Valeting

I will put mine through the local hand wash they can do a better job than me plus i dont have to stand in puddles and dirt in the freezing cold ....then i WILL do the rest ....
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 10:48 PM

Usually valet the car myself, but occasionally take it to a local place and they do an excellent job. If I remember rightly it cost £50 last time, but it was well worth it-not a dog hair in sight!!!! Take it to another local hand wash and they do a good job as well-£3 for Senior Citizens!!!!!
Andycapp
Wigan
Andycapp is male  Andycapp has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 10:53 PM

I take my car to the jet wash £1 for 10 minutes.
Then Ourflo vacuum,s the car inside and polishes it outside.
total cost £1
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Andycapp ->
total cost £1
Gosh AC can I borrow your Flo

I clean my own car about twice a year, I have to use buckets of water there is no no tap nearby .
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 11:42 PM

If you waited till it rains you could run outside with a sponge and do it twice
a week
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2012, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by ukmartian ->
If you waited till it rains you could run outside with a sponge and do it twice
a week
Steve I have been known to do that, I throw the soapy water over it then let the rain rinse it off..
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2012, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Andycapp ->
total cost £1
Poor long-suffering Flo. I bet you make her change a tyre as well when it gets a flat!

Today I had to get one of the lads at work to fill my car's water bottle as I can't hold the bonnet up with it being so heavy.

It's awful asking people to do jobs I used to quite happily do myself not too long ago, but I have to admit defeat with some things these days.

My poor car is so dirty though that I think it's growing weeds on the top!
Andycapp
Wigan
Andycapp is male  Andycapp has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2012, 10:27 AM

Mollie Ourflo does all the cleaning because she is doing all the shopping in the car. The other day she was waiving at all the people coming in the opposite direction to us when I realised what the other motorist were waiving at Ourflo She was in a one-way system going the wrong way.

PS Mollie she tried to change the tyre a few weeks back but I had to tell her it being a brand new car it had no spare.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2012, 01:08 PM

You lot are funny
We didn't have an outside tap when I washed the mini so used to fill up a couple of watering cans, trot back and forth and rinsed the soap off with them. Our neighbour opposite called across, 'you won't get it to grow anymore like that you know'
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2012, 01:24 PM

ours gets done depending on how dirty it is about once a month on the outside and we bribe the kids to do the inside

its worth a couple of quid and they do a good job

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top