Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2012, 01:26 PM

Re: Car Valeting

A couple of years back we paid £45 for a full valet on our car.
He came in his van, spent an age doing the job, and though the car looked good, it wasn't until the next day we realised the seats were damp and the carpets wet. It stank for days and we had to leave the windows open 'til it all dried.
Needless to say we never had him back!
We now go to a 'while you wait' place, just before the MOT is due. (free coffee or tea too )
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2012, 06:54 PM

I think there's a while you wait place not far from where I live, but I don't know if they have a waiting area. I suppose they must do. Jimmy on here might know, but I'll look into it.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2012, 09:08 PM

I've never used a valeting company Mollie, the only one I know is Shine On Valeting, just off Chapel Lane, I think it starts at £40 for a full valet, and they have a free pick up and delivery service, so they can pick it up at your home or place of work.

When I next want mine doing, I'm taking it round to Andycapp's
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2012, 09:35 PM

Thanks Jimmy. I found a link for Shine-On and it looks a good deal. I was wondering if that place was still open down Ormskirk Road, where the old petrol station was (near Union Bridge).

I might have a drive down on Sunday to see if it's still there. Failing that, Andycapp's sounds like a good place as well as long as we don't wear poor old Flo out!
Andycapp
Wigan
Andycapp is male  Andycapp has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2012, 10:25 AM

Mollie the Jet wash for £1 is down Cemetery lane near the Old Hall just before the railway bridge on your left.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

01-04-2012, 04:51 PM

Well, I finally got around to having my car valeted at long last. Full monty except for a hand polish was £15 and they did a brilliant job on it.

However I didn't know it was cash only so, when it was done, I had to drive a mile back up to the village, with one of the guys, and withdraw my money from the cash machine. I felt awful, but they didn't seem to mind. Trust me to do summat daft!
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2012, 06:22 PM

You're not right you Mollie

I can't believe you didn't ask do they take plastic.

I hope you took the chap back again.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

01-04-2012, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
You're not right you Mollie

I can't believe you didn't ask do they take plastic.

I hope you took the chap back again.

No, to be fair on meself, I did try ringing to ask, but the mobile number kept going to answer machine so I gave up and just went on the off-chance. At least I'll know next time I go and yes, I took the person back again.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top