Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2012, 01:56 PM

Dfs

Just wondered if anybody has ever bought a sofa from DFS. I'm on the verge of buying one as they have 4 years interest free credit but have recently seen lots and lots of negative reviews, which I'm in a dilemma about.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2012, 03:13 PM

Re: Dfs

Both my daughter and son have bought sofas from DFS, although it was quite a while ago, approx 6/7 years, I think. The sofas were leather ones and they are still in use, although a bit shabby now. My son's sofa has done better than my daughters did. DFS always seem to have interest free credit with pay in a year's time, so I think you have to be aware that the costs of the credit must be built into the cost of the settees - nothing is really "free." I like to look round DFS now and again; I've been tempted, but I have never bought anything. I don't think it is made to last a long time, unlike some furniture is, but if you choose carefully and there are only two of you using it so it won't get "hammered" then I don't think they are too bad, especially if you like to have a change of furniture every few years. All things considered, I don't think DFS are particularly cheap, but at the end of the day you get what you pay for. Also don't accept it if you are not happy with the stuff when it arrives.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2012, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
Just wondered if anybody has ever bought a sofa from DFS. I'm on the verge of buying one as they have 4 years interest free credit but have recently seen lots and lots of negative reviews, which I'm in a dilemma about.
Marian darlin' - if only I knew this time last year. When dragon died I had her (newish) 3 piece suite. The one I had (which had also previously belonged to Dragon) was some 30 years old, but had been hand-built. Because it pre-dated the change in legislation it lacked a fire safety certificate. I advertised it, but no-one wanted to know and in the end it had to be thrown away entirely. It was a very comfortable suite and was in mint-condition.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2012, 08:45 PM

Most people here seem to have DFS but then again we are all old and dont expect them to last for years, I think you have to be careful what you buy.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2012, 12:55 AM

Thanks for your comments Rena, its given me plenty to mull over
marpaul
North Cumbria

11-03-2012, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Most people here seem to have DFS but then again we are all old and dont expect them to last for years, I think you have to be careful what you buy.
Yes I think you are right Annie
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2012, 02:10 AM

is that a english store ?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2012, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by pixie ->
is that a english store ?
Yes Ann darlin' - pile 'em high and flog 'em cheap!!!
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

11-03-2012, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
We had a look round our area DFS store but did not see anything that really grabbed us although a lot were probably worth another look. Like you were a little apprehensive regarding quality and left it.

In hindsight, we would have been better off finding something there that would have suited us. We chose to support and buy from a local retailer and that was an unmitigated disaster.

Just make sure as much as you can you know exactly what it is that you are signing for.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2012, 02:09 PM

My mother got a very very nice leather suite from SCS on their BNPL interest free over 4yrs scheme.. all perfect no hitches and she's been very happy with the whole thing.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top