Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2012, 05:06 PM

Re: Dfs

He is only 3, but he's got the brains, to do it when his parent are not in the room.
Knows he is not to do it, but get's carried away watching the film.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2012, 07:35 PM

I remember DFS starting up and I remember the caravan site. Herbert Hardy also had a restaurant on the caravan site at one time serving "unusual" foods, wild boar stews etc. His son Keith was a student with me at one time too. The original site by the way was at Darley Dale near Matlock. Oh heck I'm feeling really old now !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2012, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I remember DFS starting up and I remember the caravan site. Herbert Hardy also had a restaurant on the caravan site at one time serving "unusual" foods, wild boar stews etc. His son Keith was a student with me at one time too. The original site by the way was at Darley Dale near Matlock. Oh heck I'm feeling really old now !
Loretta I don't remember the restaurant. Do you remember the little paddle boats ? My sister was HH's secretary for a while and I used to go and see her and got to ride on the boats.
HH was also something of a herbalist and made a foul tasting concoction with nettles to cure my teenage spots. A man of many talents .
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2012, 09:35 PM

There was definitely a restaurant Meg, we once ate there, but for the life of me right now I can't remember what it was called, no doubt it will come to me in the middle of the night ! Yes I vaguely remember the paddle boats and I also remember that they had a place in Spain too way back then. Now of course we have DFS stores here in Spain too.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2012, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
There was definitely a restaurant Meg, we once ate there, but for the life of me right now I can't remember what it was called, no doubt it will come to me in the middle of the night ! Yes I vaguely remember the paddle boats and I also remember that they had a place in Spain too way back then. Now of course we have DFS stores here in Spain too.
Loretta I guess the restaurant opened after I left home .
I didn't realise you had DFS in Spain .
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2012, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by shaz ->
He is only 3, but he's got the brains, to do it when his parent are not in the room.
Knows he is not to do it, but get's carried away watching the film.
Shaz darlin' - age doesn't enter into the equation. If the 'kid' is caught jumping on/off the furniture he gets a smack - at that age a smack across the back of his legs and you repeat that on every occasion until he does learn.
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2012, 02:29 PM

You don't smack children theses days Joe.
They get put on the naughty step. Which he does not like.
Nether do his cousins. Believe it or not it does work.

On the whole they are all very good children. With the odd hic up.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2012, 02:40 PM

Shaz darlin' - that's one of the things that are wrong with modern society - a lack of proper discipline. My parents were strict with me and my two Sisters - if did wrong we got smack. The same at school - we had the cane, the leather strap and even steel rulers. Worse thing the Government ever did was to abandon corporal punishment. I still think this 'kid' needs a slap round his legs to teach him a lesson he will then never forget.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2012, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Shaz darlin' - that's one of the things that are wrong with modern society - a lack of proper discipline. My parents were strict with me and my two Sisters - if did wrong we got smack. The same at school - we had the cane, the leather strap and even steel rulers. Worse thing the Government ever did was to abandon corporal punishment. I still think this 'kid' needs a slap round his legs to teach him a lesson he will then never forget.
Getting a bit sidetracked here again Uncle Joe, but I remember those days and corporal punishment was not a good thing and I am glad it is no longer tolerated. I am with Shaz on this one. It takes more effort and skill with relationships NOT to simply hit a child and treated fairly with reason kids do not all grow up to be delinquent hooligans. By the way my two two year olds and the five year old jump on my furniture, so does the dog. However, my son got married this week and given the occasion, I could not have wished for three better behaved children - lively and enjoying themselves, but no jumping on the tables at all That was the adults when it got to mid-night.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2012, 04:59 PM

I've only just seen this thread. I bought leather sofas from DFS a little over four years ago on their 4 years interest free credit scheme. No probems at all and a little over a year after I bought them one leather secton on one of the sofas faded and lost its sheen and they came straight round and sorted it. No further problems and they are still looking good despite being dog beds as well !

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top