Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2012, 04:37 PM

Tea bag

I fancied some mint tea.
I bought a nice box of Twinings mint selection tea bags.
My first objective was to get the cellophane wrapping off...a small knife needed here, to cut it, so I could unwrap it.
Next objective was the perforated band running round the box..I caught up the edge and started to peel..and it tore off halfway round. This was the moment I wished I had not cut my nails short.
Back to the knife drawer to get a blunt knife, so that I could wedge it under the rest of the perforated band. Ok, band came off neatly.
The smell was delicious as I lifted the lid.
Inside are five neatly wrapped sets of various flavours.
I chose a flavour and took out the set of five bags ..wrapped in cellophane..

Back to the knife drawer to get the sharp knife, poked it under the fold, it slipped and I cut my finger (not much blood-just a nick)
Put on a plaster and went to the scissor drawer. Cut off the little bit of cellophane wrapping, took out my tea bag.
Said tea bag is again nicely wrapped, but in paper this time, with the string tucked inside.
I gently tore the square attached to the string and pulled out the bag and the square of paper came off, leaving me a bag, with string attached and a tiny staple at the end................
I won't go into how the string got in the cup underneath the tea bag or how I got it all out (a teaspoon actually)
Why so much wrapping?

Needless to say, I had chosen well, it was camomile & spearmint for relaxation.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2012, 04:55 PM

Re: Tea bag

I used to like fruit tea bags once but now a plain cuppa is the medicine !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2012, 04:55 PM

Oh dear Janela I do empathise with your frustration

I got in the shower this morning with some new expensive shower gel, a birthday gift. It had no visible wrapping on it but try as I might I couldn't get the top open. I got more and more frustrated

When I got out of the shower and put my specs on I could see a thin stip of transparent plastic around the top of the tube Getting it off even with the aid of a knife was almost impossible and I ended up piercing the plastic tube.

Why oh why do some manufacturers make our lives so difficult.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2012, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->

Needless to say, I had chosen well, it was camomile & spearmint for relaxation.
Perfect!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2012, 08:27 PM

Wrappings drive me batty,you never have your reading glasses to hand or like you you are in the shower. M&S shower creme is unbelievable to try to open, I dont use bad language unless sorely livid, and the shower is usually the place.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2012, 09:38 PM

Yes, in the shower Annie...conditioner and shampoo in the same colour bottles...no glasses on...which is which?
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2012, 09:43 PM

I've been saying for years that you're not meant to get at the contents of anything these days.

A pack of three lighters I bought took me a pair of scissors and a struggle before opening it up. I have a bottle of hair conditioner that I need two hands to squeeze before I get even just a blob out, and last night I was trying to peel an onion and it didn't want its jacket removing! I'd almost swear somebody had welded the skin on.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK

13-03-2012, 10:18 PM

...and I bet your fingernails were clogged up with minute bits of onion skin
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2012, 12:19 AM

What a performance to go through just to have a cuppa It drives me mad sometimes trying to unwrap things and I've had some near misses with scissors trying to unwrap things. The worst thing to open is rigid plastic
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2012, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
The worst thing to open is rigid plastic
Yes! Got a nasty cut from doing that once. I cut them open with snips now.

Re the shampoo and conditioner - I line them up left to right, shampoo first.

So many things are over-packaged. My favourite chicken is from Swiss Chalet but I seldom get it as take-out because of the plastic tray and lid. Our recycling program has started to accept heavy plastic containers but I still feel guilty.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top