Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2012, 02:09 PM

Re: Uk Bound

we talked to get but not for long yestrday shes verry week
shes in keithly hosptal sent flowers yestrday only to lern flowers may not be able to get to her
when i was in hosptal had 16 roses its brighted my days up
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2012, 04:54 PM

Its a shame the hospital your MIL is in is so very far away at t'other end of the country Ann darlin'. If it was nearer would love to have met you and your OH.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2012, 05:47 PM

Sorry to hear about MiLaw, Pixie, wish her well.
The flowers wouldn't have been delivered, I'm afraid they don't allow flowers in hospital any more..banned in part because hospital staff find it inconvenient to have to look after them.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2012, 08:21 PM

Yes had heard that,pity really because they bring such pleasure to sick people.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2012, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Sorry to hear about MiLaw, Pixie, wish her well.
The flowers wouldn't have been delivered, I'm afraid they don't allow flowers in hospital any more..banned in part because hospital staff find it inconvenient to have to look after them.

It is a shame that flowers are no longer able to be taken to people in hospital; flowers are nice to have and do cheer you up. However, hospital staff do not find flowers inconvenient at all - the reason they are not allowed anymore is because flowers are actually considered a potential health risk for some compromised hospital patients.
I am sure your mum knows you are thinking of her pixie.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2012, 12:00 AM

Sorry I was too late to warn you about sending the flowers lass but, it is true that hospitals over here consider them a health risk. That's been the case for quite a few years I believe.

Let us know how your mum-in-law is doing, if you can. So very sad to hear that she's weak.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2012, 12:52 PM

well the order was not delverd had no invioce through here
just sent a card yestrday now my brother the one with cancer is in hosptal not doing so good on morphine hes ging for a pet scan today in manchester
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2012, 01:14 PM

Sorry to hear of your brother's illness as well Pixie. They will both be pleased to see you when you come over. I hope things improve soon.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2012, 11:23 PM

Sorry to hear your Brother is in hospital as well Pixie. Such a worrying time for you.....thoughts are with you....
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2012, 11:33 PM

Sorry to hear your brother's condition has worsened lass. Is M in Christie's?

This is a very trying time for you and Jon and you know my thoughts are with you both.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top