Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2012, 08:21 AM

Mothering Sunday

Good morning everyone, Mums in particular.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-axr2...eature=related

Yesterday turned into a lovely day when the sun finally decided to some out to play and today seems to be continuing the same way even with the temperature down to 1°C
The council have been out last night gritting the lanes but the frost has not developed very much.
Scotland can bee seen as clear as a bell as there are no clouds to block the view.
Mother natures Creatures are huddiedly searching for food and welcoming the day with their songs, yes, a right lovely day in the making which I hope all you mothers out there have.

Our plans for today are simple, 'She who must be obeyed ' is to do nothing but relax and take things easy whilst I do everything else. As the kids live away and will not be here I am their substitue. sigh.

To start,
What is a Mother?

A mother is someone to shelter and guide us,
To love us, whatever we do,
With a warm understanding and infinite patience
And wonderful gentleness, too.
How often a mother means swift reassurance
In soothing our small, childish fears,
How tenderly mothers watch over their children
And treasure them all through the years!
The heart of a mother is full of forgiveness
For any mistake, big or small,
And generous always in helping her family,
Whose needs she has placed above all.
A mother can utter a word of compassion
And make all our cares fall away,
She can brighten a home with the sound of her laughter
And make life delightful and gay.
A mother possesses incredible wisdom
And wonderful insight and skill -
In each human heart is that one special corner
Which only a mother can fill!

Thank you to Katherine Nelson Davis for that explaination.

To all mums everywhere, have a nice day and even if you are on your own, you will never be alone no matter where your children are physically, menatly they will be beside you in you memories.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taZzqFznpGw
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2012, 09:49 AM

Re: Mothering Sunday

Crinnan Canal - I took that pic a couple of years ago

Good Morning Bob and Everyone And a Happy Mother's Day to all the Mums on here - hope you all get pampered!

Stayed lovely and sunny all day yesterday and I enjoyed my walks with Loki. Went into Johnstone for messages in the afternoon for myself and got a few things for a friend as well, Liz, she broke her ribs a wee while back and can't carry anything heavy. I took them round to her when I got back and took Loki with me - she loves going there!!

The sun is out just now and it is good to see it again today so, hopefully, I will get out for nice walkies later! Used to be lovely going up the braes beside me but not any more, far too dangerous since the council widened the country road by taking away the grass verges!! It's a case of taking your life in your hands walking up there now!

Hope you all enjoy a good day today.

Love those links, Bob, especially the first one

Take care and stay safe
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2012, 10:00 AM

'morning Bob, Brandykins, and all who follow

Yesterday was a lovely day and today looks like a repeat, so no complaints from me.

Now that it's warm enough to get into my workshop I shall be tidying up, during the winter I only go in there when absolutely necessary and leave quickly so it's now in a mess.

This afternoon we will be taking the dogs for their regular afternoon walk, Bara is getting a bit old now and can't go very far, it's sad as she used to be the one who would go for miles and miles.

Have a good day all of you.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2012, 10:57 AM

Good morning, happy Mother's Day ladies.
Lovely links Bob and a beautiful poem, thanks. Rosemary, that picture makes me wish I was on the water today.
Nothing planned today, just relaxing.
Enjoy your day everyone.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2012, 11:42 AM

Good morning fellow members . After a bright start it is now cold and grey.

Still feeling rubbish so won't be doing much today.

Have a pleasant day everyone
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2012, 11:47 AM

Good morning everyone and a Happy Mother's Day to mums everywhere!

The sun is just beginning to peep through the clouds but it is still quite chilly here.

I've been ordered that it's no work for me today but I do feel lost at not having to do anything even if it's only a cup of coffee. It is a lovely feeling to feel appreciated though.

Looking forward to a lovely Mother's Day meal with my family which has been booked at a quaint country restaurant for 5.00pm.

I loved that poem Bob, that sums us up perfectly!

Enjoy your day everyone and I hope all the poorly people will feel better very soon.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2012, 11:50 AM

Good morning everybody. Its another lovey sunny day today, great two days running which is rare

Hope you mothers have a nice relaxing day with lots of pampering. I shall be phoning mine later on today

Have work this afternoon nr Penrith so will take Bonnie with me as I will also have two hours to kill, so will probably have a stroll around Ullswater which I haven't been to for a while.

The Solway was very calm this morning, visibility across to Scotland was very clear. I had my phone with me so snapped this photo. Enjoy the rest of your day folks

Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2012, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Good morning fellow members . After a bright start it is now cold and grey.

Still feeling rubbish so won't be doing much today.

Have a pleasant day everyone
Sorry to read you are still not feeling well, Meg. I do hope as the day goes on, things till get a bit better for you.

Healing hugs to you from me and Loki sends you doggy kisses as well
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2012, 11:55 AM

Happy mothers day.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2012, 12:20 PM

Happy mothers day top allyou moms in there uk
we have to wiat til may

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top