Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2012, 02:11 PM

Re: Mothering Sunday

Hello all Sun keeps popping out then hiding again and with a chilly breeze, better than rain though.

Lovely pics Brandykins and Marian

No pampering for me on Mother's Day but shall be doing as little as possible

Meg, you poor thing You need to be wrapped up on the sofa with a nice box of chocolates and your favourite drink, watching a good film or reading a book. (((((hugs)))))
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2012, 02:46 PM

Thank you for the good wishes everyone the last time I felt this ill was when I had shingles .

I am happy to say the rest of the family are feeling better so I can relax a little knowing the babies are ok
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2012, 03:05 PM

Ah, I finally figured it out. Good morning all. From Bob's first post I knew something different was happening. It's Mother's Day where you live. In America it's celebrated this year on May 13th. It changes each year here but I always check it out because I was born on Mother's Day, May 10th, 1949. My mom always reminded me that I was her special gift that year.

Nothing special planned today. I awoke to the singing of birds in Spring this morning. That's a great way to rise in the morning. I believe I'll head to McDonald's to see who shows up.

I took a chance and played the zoo a visit yesterday and was rewarded with to new photos. I've never photographed the two cheetahs that live there simply because I didn't know where their habitat was located. They are really beautiful. Have a great day all.

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2012, 06:58 PM

Good evening all, it has been a beautiful day here today, plenty of sunshine and warm too. To Mothers everywhere, I salute you all and hope your day was good with plenty of treats and love, you deserve it.
Thanks for that song Jimmy, the Wife wobbles at the knees when she hears it, gets all sentimental.
Take good care of yourselves Folks.

This is said to be the oldest Church in Ireland, built without mortar just the stones neatly tucked into each other, it's in Dingle Co. Kerry, built in the 6th century. Ireland's oldest pub is gone but the Church remains, is someone trying to send me a spiritual message.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2012, 07:09 PM

Good evening everyone.

We've had a smashing day with most of our kids and families over for lunch. We feasted on a huge cauldron of chicken and vegetables, followed by rhubarb and raspberry crumble or strawberry "upside down cake", and washed it all down with a bottle or two of Chardonnay...

Keep your pecker up if you can Meg, I hope that it passes quickly for you...(((hugs)))

Enjoy the rest of the day folks..

Barry
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2012, 07:54 PM

Hope all Mothers had a good day, my son came to see me and brought me a box of chocolates and picture for the kitchen. We went to Lanercost Tea Rooms for lunch.Joe had a slight Angina attack but he had his spray and soon got over it.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2012, 11:40 PM

Fantastic picture of the cheetahs Bob, they are just beautiful creatures

Jem - fascinating picture of an old church, there doesn't appear to be any windows, must be very dark inside, that's if you can get through the narrow door.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2012, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Berxer ->
Fantastic picture of the cheetahs Bob, they are just beautiful creatures

Jem - fascinating picture of an old church, there doesn't appear to be any windows, must be very dark inside, that's if you can get through the narrow door.
It's called the Gallarus Oratory Carmen, I managed to find a little window, it's on the East side and legend has it that if you climb through the window all your sins will be removed, judging by the size of it so will any access fat one has.

Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK

19-03-2012, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
It's called the Gallarus Oratory Carmen, I managed to find a little window, it's on the East side and legend has it that if you climb through the window all your sins will be removed, judging by the size of it so will any access fat one has.

I just might have to pay that church a visit then

On a more serious note, I do find these old buildings fascinating

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top