Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2012, 07:38 PM

Re: Leap Forward

we did ours a gew weeks ago its lots better staying lighter in the evning
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2012, 01:10 AM

It certainly is, Pixie. I did put my central heating on a bit earlier because, once the sun went down, it was a little chilly, but I had to turn it off again and I'm roasting now at gone midnight.

If memory serves me correctly, and it does, it was glorious this time last March as well and right through April as well. The difference is that the winter of 2010 we had a shocking winter but was wonderful in Spring 2011. It can stay like this for me for the rest of the year.

I've already put my clocks forward.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2012, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Mags I think members can select the time appropriate to their region.
To do this go to 'Control Panel',
..now 'Edit Options',
..now down the page to 'Time Zones' , it looks like this.. .
Yes, Meg, I remember Eileen used to get in a muddle when our clocks changed.

Fortunately the computer does it for us in the UK
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2012, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I will miss the light mornings for a week or two, but any more daylight is welcome, whatever end of the day...

p.s. Why do we have to change the clocks in the middle of the night, when if they changed at lunchtime say, we would all be awake anyway to do it...
I like the idea of that Barry, - means we can have TWO lunch times!!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2012, 04:31 PM

I like to leave one clock with the old time for a few days

When you have dogs and babies the change in time can be very confusing for them, their tummies and going-out-times are regulated by an in built clock .
I stagger the new times by adding (subtracting) half an hour at a time until they get used to things. I have never heard of anyone else doing this
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2012, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I like to leave one clock with the old time for a few days

When you have dogs and babies the change in time can be very confusing for them, their tummies and going-out-times are regulated by an in built clock .
I stagger the new times by adding (subtracting) half an hour at a time until they get used to things. I have never heard of anyone else doing this
Nor me, you are very considerate
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2012, 11:29 PM

Me neither, you are very good
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2012, 01:24 AM

I used to have that problem when I had several cats. What I did to get them accustomed to the time change was feed them plus or minus five minutes for a few days at a time.

The time I have posted this shows 1.23 on my clock, but it's showing on the forum as 11.24, so it's gone back one hour instead of forward.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top