Join for free
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2012, 07:15 AM

Grasmere Tuesday

Good morning everyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5SPEE70Eck

Once more we have mother natures creatures out and about in abundance and making enough noise to waken the dead.
The sun is trying to come out to make life more bearable and the temperature is starting to rise and ease the pains, left from the dampness, in the bones.

Plans for today are a trip to Grasmere and a walk up Helm Cragg with lunch at some local establishment and the afternoon is to be spent in Keswick looking at antiques.

Marian, I have been over Darling fell quite a lot as it is one of our favourite views. We go up the old Mossor Road from Loweswater to the bench and then over the gate and up to the top that way.

This is a nice quiet place to visit, just up from Skelwith bridge and to the east of Elterwater.

Have a great day people and dont forget

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTkX-OvIqP4
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2012, 07:43 AM

Re: Grasmere Tuesday

Good morning and a lovely morning it is.
I was awake very early, thanks to a resident Black bird, who is claiming rights over his territory in a very vocal manner
The Sparrows are doing what they do best, quarrelling among themselves. All in all a beautiful Spring morning.
I will be repotting some plants and planning a revamp of part of the garden.
Enjoy your day.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2012, 08:18 AM

St Andrew's Bridge over the River Clyde at Glasgow Green

Good Morning Bob and Everyone Another lovely morning so far! Loki is out in the shade on the veranda at the moment enjoying the coolness out there I will be joining her in a wee bit with a nice cuppa to read my book

Hope everyone will enjoy a good day today.

Sounds a great afternoon for you and your wife, Bob! Enjoy! Lovely photo and love the music clips - love Max Bygraves! Many thanks for sharing.

Take care and stay safe
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2012, 10:11 AM

Good morning all, and what a lovely day it is in dear old dirty Dublin town today, that's not slagging the City, it's the old affectionate name native Dubliners refer to it as. Not a cloud in the sky, not a nag from the wife and not a bother on me. I hope you are all well and looking forward to a nice long Summer, nothing like good weather for lifting the spirits, speaking of which I'll be off at lunchtime to yonder tavern on the hill to see my fellow oldies, not many of us left up there now.
Make the best of it Folks.

Down by the Liffey side on a Sunny morning.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2012, 10:27 AM

Oh Jemflux - many thanks for sharing "The Guinness Water" - I walked up by the side of the Liffey many time - after a visit to Moonies of course. Not sure if Mooneys (not sure of the spelling) is still there. There was one in O'Connell Street and one facing the Liffey as well!

It is great to see Dublin again - loved it there! I used to go to Davy Byrnes' as well - at College Green?

That's a lovely photo

Take care
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2012, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Brandykins ->
Oh Jemflux - many thanks for sharing "The Guinness Water" - I walked up by the side of the Liffey many time - after a visit to Moonies of course. Not sure if Mooneys (not sure of the spelling) is still there. There was one in O'Connell Street and one facing the Liffey as well!

It is great to see Dublin again - loved it there! I used to go to Davy Byrnes' as well - at College Green?

That's a lovely photo

Take care
Sadly all the Mooney's pubs are gone Rosemary, but Davy byrnes is still alive and kicking.

bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2012, 11:43 AM

Good morning all. After 3 glorious days of sunshine this weekend it's back to rain all week. People here so crave the sun that the streets fill up with people & their strollers.

Have a nice day all.

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2012, 01:08 PM

Good morning everyone on this beautiful day

I have had baby Hannah with me all morning so I am going to spend the afternoon catching up on some house work .

Have a pleasant day everyone
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2012, 01:52 PM

Good afternoon all

I'm making the most of this lovely weather while I can, it's supposed to start going downhill on Friday and Saturday We are certainly going to miss it!

Usual household tasks this morning and shopping, this afternoon will be spent in the garden as long as possible

Stunning photos again everyone

Enjoy your day!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland

27-03-2012, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
Sadly all the Mooney's pubs are gone Rosemary, but Davy byrnes is still alive and kicking.

Aw sad to hear that - I remember I thought I was that "grown up" when my late big brother took me into the one in O'Connel Street and I had a pint of Guinness and a plate of chicken sandwiches - all in the main bar!! Over here I wasn't allowed in because I was only 17 at that time! Also, women weren't allowed in the front bar over here then!!

Great to hear - and to see that photo - that Davey Byrnes is still going strong! I have lovely memories of there. Thank you so much for sharing that photo

Take care

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top