Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 02:45 PM

Re: Becoming comfortable with death

Originally Posted by mart ->
Those who have had something they could have died from but didn't might consider that all years afterwards are a bonus (I'm sure this applies to lots of people) ..and so be comfortable with the thought of death. Still be scared when the time comes but glad of the years they got that might not have been lived.
Thankyou for reminding me although I lost my only child in the years following .
I’ve had two near death experiences @ 9 months and 28 yrs . After the second one the attending consultant told my family that I’d been up to the gates of heaven and back so perhaps not allowed in if I hadn’t been on the to be called in list .
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 03:29 PM

An analogy.

Some years ago, I was dared to go on to the very top diving board at Barnsley baths and jump off. When you get there, the view looking down is very scary but with the prospect of being scorned if I chickened out, I jumped. Of course, after you jump, you can't do anything about it and continue down until you hit the water. To me, death is like that jump, we all have to face it eventually as I did a few years ago after a cancer diagnosis, so we may as well accept that it can't be avoided and not be worried at the prospect.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 03:51 PM

I wish I could be more like others who just accept it, but I can't. The thought scares the pants off me. I don't want to think about it, or talk about it, because I aint going anywhere, not without a fight anyway.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Susan re your last sentence I don’t think you’ll have any choice in the matter and none of us want to .
For myself I don’t see a point to being alive without a quality of life but there really isn’t any choice available on that point unless you take steps to opt out.
The UNLESS is very important Zuleika!
Donkeyman!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 03:54 PM

I worry about illness, not being able to look after myself when I get old but I don't worry about dying. Once we are gone, we are gone, we know nothing about it. So it doesn't make a difference if we die at 30 or 130. The only people it affects are those left behind.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 04:23 PM

I suppose really, l should accept death having been born prematurely and wasn’t expected to survive but here l am.
I am trying to dodge death as l love my life here so much. My worry is that l might feel the heat when l am being cremated!
I don’t want to die in my house as l don’t think that’s fair to future owners!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I suppose really, l should accept death having been born prematurely and not expected to survive but here l am.
I am trying to dodge death as l love my life here so much. My worry is that l might feel the heat when l am being cremated!
I don’t want to die in my house as l don’t think that’s fair to future owners!
I know what you mean, it's because we really can't get our heads around not being aware. I feel the same about donating organs, it just doesn't feel right.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Magoo ->
For my part death doesn’t frighten me. I know it’s certainly going to happen and I can’t do anything about that. What does concern me is to try and leave my things in a tidy way so that it will be quite easy to take everything over when I have gone. ...........
This worries me I can’t even keep the front room tidy !
I keep trying to sort things out and simplify things for my children .
But as my son cheerfully told me ‘ don’t worry Mum we will just chuck it all out when you are gone ‘....!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 05:02 PM

Slightly digressing but same subject , my friend who recently died didnt have or want a funeral . His wife was pleased as she had said her farewell and didnt have the added upset of arranging stressful dates people and times . Also she didnt have that awful wait for 2 or 3 weeks of dread and upset . She herself doesnt want one either. Im thinking the same now . Im going to discuss with my kids . I think its less stress for them
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 05:04 PM

I have everything in place,funeral,will,etc'...so..when it's time to go..go I will..I just hope My last adventure/journey will be as exciting as My first with the People I love in attendance

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top