Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2020, 07:51 PM

Re: The Voice

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Maybe I dont have the best memory for remembering those who do win in the finals but after the show do we ever hear or see them again , they dont seem to go onto better brighter things or make more music . There is a big build up they are treated like stars then dumped . I wonder how they deal with it

My daughter is a musician now in her late 40s , when she was 18 she was selected to go on Stars in their eyes . I was there at the Manchester studios and watched the live filming . Remember when they walked through the vapour and looked like their idol, that was all filmed separately we watched each sequence it was cleverly put together took about 4 hours .

Daughter was Linda Perry from 4 non blondes singing "what's going on" she didnt win George Michael one and he was good . Matthew was the presenter and it is somewhere on you tube. Daughter was treated like a star for days , had her own silver star on her dressing room door ( which I still have today ) the moment the show was over she was dropped like a hot brick just like George Michael the winner . They all got paid £500.though .
She has gone on to become a music and drama teacher and still gigs and made a good living out of it .

Ahh memories
Susan more memories for you if this is your daughter singing

I remember the song well and listening to her singing made me join in too!

Great performance and very catchy

susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2020, 08:43 PM

Awww Mags that's really nice of you

Of course this is the real Linda Perry but my daughter wore these same clothes even down to the hat and the socks and boots . She sounded very like her too . Somewhere I have the tape kept safe and have played it to her girls who watch in wonder at their young trendy mum on the TV.

Thankyou x
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2020, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree, Tiff.

Don't particularly like Ollie's new hair-do much, but old Tom's still got it hasn't he. In fact I like him better now than when he was younger. He seems more of a gentleman now he has stopped trying to be such a sex symbol.
Ollies hair is dreadful I have always loved Tom.

Originally Posted by rhosyn ->
Watched a little bit-just because I like Tom.Don't like the new judge seems full of herself.Don't think I'll watch it again.Weekend programs are rubbish-except Call The Midwife.
I think she might grow on us, but why another American, we must have hundreds of singers here who could do it.

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I like the Voice and Tom Jones is my favourite coach on the programme. He still has his remarkably powerful voice and is respected by the other coaches. I love Call The Midwife.

I’m not too keen on the new judge/coach at the moment, she is too showy.....but that may change later.
And American.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2020, 10:04 PM

I enjoy watching the Voice but don't like the adverts between every act, it was better on the beeb....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2020, 11:17 PM

I despair.

Nothing new here.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top