Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 08:04 PM

Re: Where do you stand on this?

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Ah, but people (especially men) who drive BMWs are a law unto themselves. They are not obliged to drive within speed limits, may park wherever they wish, must always drive in the third lane of motorways (except when entering the motorway and progressing out to their preferred third lane), and are not obliged to stop at red traffic lights.

If you drive, you must surely have seen them for yourself.

Yes I drive, and yes I have seen all of the above. But in my view the essence of good driving is to be aware of others and even if necessary change your mode of driving to accomodate others. That's kind hard for a macho 20 something but gets a lot easier as you get older and I always say to myself "He's probably late for a meeting" I'm never late for a meeting these days so I can just let him go past.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 08:26 PM

Ah, but people (especially men) who drive BMWs are a law unto themselves. They are not obliged to drive within speed limits, may park wherever they wish, must always drive in the third lane of motorways (except when entering the motorway and progressing out to their preferred third lane), and are not obliged to stop at red traffic lights.

If you drive, you must surely have seen them for yourself.
TOTAL, UTTER, ***RUBBISH***

Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 08:37 PM

I don't know all the details, of course, but has the driver who killed them been medically examined and proved to have had some sort of 'episode'? If so, should he have been driving?
Good point. But was there evidence, if any, was it before or after the event?
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Good point. But was there evidence, if any, was it before or after the event?
It's all in the article referred to above.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
TOTAL, UTTER, ***RUBBISH***

Aah, you drive a BMW!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
The parents don't want justice, they want revenge.

Based on what we read here the CPS are correct in their actions.
My thoughts too.

Justice is blindfolded for a reason.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Justice is blindfolded for a reason.
My thoughts exactly.

This was a tragic accident and the parents find that hard to accept. If you judge based on popular consensus then surely that's just mob rule.
Lindyloo
isle of wight

22-12-2019, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
My thoughts exactly.

This was a tragic accident and the parents find that hard to accept. If you judge based on popular consensus then surely that's just mob rule.
So glad intelligence rules the majority opinion.

JBR - I wish I could afford a BMW. I can't! But I pity people who can and who have to put up with your slob/mob opinion!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
The CPS have also decided to charge that American women involved in a fatal car accident with dangerous driving, she may be guilty of that, but all the publicity is aimed at her, not once have I seen any report on the speed Dunne was traveling at on his motorcycle when he hit the car, that's kind of important but no one seems bothered by that.

Judging by some of the motorcyclists who overtake me I think he was probably exceeding the limit, but like I say no one seems bothered by that.
Without wishing to hijack the thread, the fact of this matter is that "that American women", Anne Sacoolas, the wife of a US government employee working at the United States Air Force listening station at RAF Croughton, was driving her car, a Volvo XC90, on the wrong side of the road (determined, from CCTV records) when she killed Harry Dunn.
Lindyloo
isle of wight

22-12-2019, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Without wishing to hijack the thread, the fact of this matter is that "that American women", Anne Sacoolas, the wife of a US government employee working at the United States Air Force listening station at RAF Croughton, was driving her car, a Volvo XC90, on the wrong side of the road (determined, from CCTV records) when she killed Harry Dunn.
I like to think that the publicity we've seen on this case shows her clearly as the guilty party - and I hope we can take that as fact now that judges have ruled she should return to the UK to face charges.

As far as the other car crash is concerned - despite the truly horrendous outcome, the investigation shows that the driver fainted at the wheel - and not as a result of a known medical condition...............and certainly not because he was driving a BMW!
I would guess - death by misadventure........

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top