Join for free
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2020, 06:55 PM

Equator from the air

On now BBC 2
With Gordon Buchanan

Fascinating view of Africa .

Amazing Bidibidi refugee settlement which has housed nearly 300,000 people from the Sudan in what is now Uganda’s biggest town .

Not a tent city but a real settlement .
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2020, 09:30 PM

Re: Equator from the air

A very interesting programme but why do animals have to suffer so because of man's greed. High fences to deprive the Wildebeest of fresh feeding grounds seems so cruel to me. These animals travel hundreds of miles looking for fresh grass only to find the area fenced. I know people have to make a living in these countries but surely innocent animals should not have to suffer, The same thing is going on all over the world. How long will it be till all wild life has become extinct because of man's greed. Can you imagine a world without Elephants, Zebra, Wildebeest, Giraffe and other magnificent creatures. What a sad world we are living in.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2020, 11:24 PM

It sure is a sad world, but I guess humans, as far as those humans are concerned come first.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2020, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
A very interesting programme but why do animals have to suffer so because of man's greed. High fences to deprive the Wildebeest of fresh feeding grounds seems so cruel to me. These animals travel hundreds of miles looking for fresh grass only to find the area fenced. I know people have to make a living in these countries but surely innocent animals should not have to suffer, The same thing is going on all over the world. How long will it be till all wild life has become extinct because of man's greed. Can you imagine a world without Elephants, Zebra, Wildebeest, Giraffe and other magnificent creatures. What a sad world we are living in.
There are attempts being made to provide corridors of unfenced land to allow the wildebeest and other animals to pass .
We are a dreadful overwhelming species and we are indeed destroying the planet and all that’s in it .
It will see our generation out the others will not have it so easy .

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top