Join for free
Page 264 of 276 « First < 164 214 254 262 263 264 265 266 274 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 11:48 AM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Good Morning- today is cell transplant day and they are busy making preparations all around me.

In feeling a little better but not much...my whole body has come out in a red rash which is really itchy. Not much I can do except follow the doctors and nurses advice.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 01:17 PM

Try not to scratch, Ffosse, I know it's difficult. I get a rash too. All the best to you for your treatment.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Good Morning- today is cell transplant day and they are busy making preparations all around me.

In feeling a little better but not much...my whole body has come out in a red rash which is really itchy. Not much I can do except follow the doctors and nurses advice.
I hope all goes well today Ffosse, a big day for you...

Glad you’re feeling a little better, continue following the doctors and nurses advice, they will get you throgh this latest stage.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 01:33 PM

Hope all goes well to today mate.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 03:36 PM

I had the stem cell transplant - these were all my own cells that were harvested on March 13th at a different hospital, then sent to the university to be frozen with liquid nitrogen until needed.

Now comes the worst part of my treatment because my immune system is extremely compromised. Most people have terrible symptoms which don't get better for a couple of weeks....but I can console myself with the knowledge that this is the final treatment for my Hodgkins Lymphoma (apart from the medication they'll give me. So no new procedures for a while but I'm likely to pick up more infections.

Edit: I forgot - I've to get blood transfusion tonight.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 06:58 PM

I had the stem cell transplant - these were all my own cells that were harvested on March 13th at a different hospital, then sent to the university to be frozen with liquid nitrogen until needed.

Now comes the worst part of my treatment because my immune system is extremely compromised. Most people have terrible symptoms which don't get better for a couple of weeks....but I can console myself with the knowledge that this is the final treatment for my Hodgkins Lymphoma (apart from the medication they'll give me. So no new procedures for a while but I'm likely to pick up more infections.

So pleased to read that you've had the stem cell transplant Ffosse ..... another process behind you. Whatever symptoms you have now are to be expected so continue being positive and try to find an extra strength to cope with any discomfort in the next few weeks.

You are being very brave at the moment, I'm impressed with you. We are all rooting for you here on the forum so thanks for keeping us updated on your treatment.

Hope all goes well with the blood transfusion tonight.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

18-04-2019, 07:49 PM

Thanks, I've gone past the halfway mark on the blood transfusion.

I suppose any symptoms and infections I get in the next couple of weeks will be bad but probably no worse than I’ve had before. At least I don't have the delirium.
Maver-rik
London. England
Maver-rik is female  Maver-rik has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 08:26 PM

I gave blood today Ffosse, was thinking of you while I was donating.

Hope you have a comfortable night.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 08:33 PM

Oh sorry, I have been missing again Dreamy.
Catching up now.

Thanks, I've gone past the halfway mark on the blood transfusion.

I suppose any symptoms and infections I get in the next couple of weeks will be bad but probably no worse than I’ve had before. At least I don't have the delirium.
You are doing so well Dreamy, you really are an inspiration to us all.
I am glad you have no delirium, that never helps.
Just keep posting your experiences and thoughts, that way you have dealt with each issue as it happens.
I hope you are sleeping as well as expected. x
So glad you are still with us, I got really upset at one point.
But, you bounce back. xxx
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 10:26 PM

Glad treatment is continuing for you.

Night night.

Page 264 of 276 « First < 164 214 254 262 263 264 265 266 274 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top