Join for free
Page 5 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2020, 01:53 PM

Re: I may end up with another cat!

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, she's still the same today: quiet and listless.

I also see that she's drinking a lot of water, and I'm beginning to suspect that she may be diabetic.
If she's the same tomorrow, we'll take her to the vet.

Her sister is not suffering the same way. She's a bigger cat, though I'm not sure why that should make a difference.
The vet will check her for diabetes & kidney problems, but all being well she may just be overheated. If she has been in a fight with another cat, they often want to be left alone to rest & recover... even when no injuries are visible. I am hoping she is fine and will be back to normal in a couple of days.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2020, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
it will be up to him whether he wants his independence or comfort..... I am just hoping he chooses the latter!
In the animal world life is simpler, if he gets nice food he'll stay with you I'm sure and he'll come inside but it will take time. Nice of you to help heaven only knows where he might have ended up otherwise.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2020, 08:34 PM

The vet will check her for diabetes & kidney problems, but all being well she may just be overheated. If she has been in a fight with another cat, they often want to be left alone to rest & recover... even when no injuries are visible. I am hoping she is fine and will be back to normal in a couple of days.
I'm hoping so. Marge seems very optimistic anyway.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2020, 08:50 PM

Twink, That is great progress if Mr Grey is venturing inside now. If he does end up living with you permanently, l know he will be treated like a king!

I also know how you spoil your little darlings!!

JBR, l hope Pumpkin improves soon. Our pets are such a worry to us at times.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2020, 10:28 PM

I haven't read the full thread but a friend has a stray that has been wanting to come in. I have said be careful of fleas. So how can you stop fleas in strays that want to come in? Because it's a bit catch-22.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2020, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
JBR, l hope Pumpkin improves soon. Our pets are such a worry to us at times.
Thanks, Angel.
She's been out this evening and came in recently. Marge fed her (and Peanut), but she only ate half of a half-packet - as usual!
Nevertheless, she came up to me on the settee to say hello, which she hasn't done now for a couple of days, and seemed a lot happier.
She's now gone to lie down on the bed in the 'other' bedroom.

Sorry if I seem to have taken over your thread, Twinkly!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2020, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I haven't read the full thread but a friend has a stray that has been wanting to come in. I have said be careful of fleas. So how can you stop fleas in strays that want to come in? Because it's a bit catch-22.
Annie all cats, and even dogs, who go outside can get fleas & they are very easy to treat with "spot on" treatments that you just apply to the back of their necks.
Mr Grey was done by the RSPCA when they took him to the vets and as soon as he settles in my house he will be treated again.
Tell your friend to restrict this stray to one room, till she can treat him, and when he can go into other rooms, spray the room, that may have a few flea eggs in it, with a house flea spray
I have had cats for 40 years & the only time I have ever been bitten is the odd occasion when I haven't treated the cats when they are due.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

02-09-2020, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Thanks, Angel.
She's been out this evening and came in recently. Marge fed her (and Peanut), but she only ate half of a half-packet - as usual!
Nevertheless, she came up to me on the settee to say hello, which she hasn't done now for a couple of days, and seemed a lot happier.
She's now gone to lie down on the bed in the 'other' bedroom.

Sorry if I seem to have taken over your thread, Twinkly!
Don't worry JBR, As far as I am concerned this thread can be used by anybody that is worried about their cat. I am just hoping to hear that Pumpkin is back to her normal self by the end of the week..... and it is sounding like she will be!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

02-09-2020, 10:24 AM

Don't worry JBR, As far as I am concerned this thread can be used by anybody that is worried about their cat. I am just hoping to hear that Pumpkin is back to her normal self by the end of the week..... and it is sounding like she will be!
Thank you!

She hasn't strayed from lying on the 'other' bed all night. Both cats are usually out at night, but not Pumpkin this time. She hadn't eaten anything either.

This morning, she didn't seem interested in getting up but then stirred herself and went out for a pee and drink of water. When she came back in, she did eat half of half a packet of food, though.
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2020, 11:29 AM

Have just read this thread, great to read about Mr Grey and his progress, (especially as we are going through a similar scenario with a visiting black cat, who now trusts me after many weeks and just loves lots of attention, from the hand that feeds her of course! She is still wary of Mr Glanny though. But...we are 99% sure she is not a stray having spoken to next door neighbours from the farm up the road, they say she belongs to one of their tenants who is moving out. We are annoyed that the woman who owns her seems to not be taking care of her, she has fleas and worms, and I have treated her for these. Don't really want her in the house so I have wedged the door of my greenhouse-cum-shed which is a very solid construction, (Mr G made it, block built and with sturdy pvc window frames ) and is warm and has 2 comfy chairs with cushions and blankets, and she goes in there for shelter. Sorry, muscling in on your thread..! )

Anyway, glad to hear Mr Grey is coming in to the house now and hope he will soon be fully integrated

JBR, hope Pumpkin will be back to her old self very soon

Sorry to hear about your insulin problems, Twink, hope you can it sorted soon. Always a worry especially if you haven't changed your regime or anything. Our son was diagnosed type1 when he was 16, I always worried about him going hypo in the night.

Page 5 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top