Join for free
Page 21 of 44 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 > Last »
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 01:48 PM

Re: Coronavirus: Second wave of Covid-19 coming to UK, says PM

No one has mentioned Birminghan, is that city in the lowest tier then?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
No one has mentioned Birminghan, is that city in the lowest tier then?
Following the announcement of Boris Johnson's Three Tier lockdown system, Birmingham has been categorised as Tier 2

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/b...rently-tier-2/
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 04:06 PM

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

Last updated on Friday 16 October 2020 at 4:03pm

Old:

New:

Daily New Cases are down but Hospital Admissions are increasing dramatically.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Following the announcement of Boris Johnson's Three Tier lockdown system, Birmingham has been categorised as Tier 2

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/b...rently-tier-2/
Thanks Omah.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 05:39 PM

Apparently there is a confirmed case involving a child in the infant school,don't know the history but one wonders where it came from.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

16-10-2020, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
Apparently there is a confirmed case involving a child in the infant school,don't know the history but one wonders where it came from.
I've read of several but they seem to be "solitary" cases .....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 06:50 PM

Hi

Cases can be very localised.

If you look at the maps, which unfortunately the Government are now changing, I am in an area with 50 to 100 new cases over the last week.

Drill down and we have had less than 9 in my locality.

Easy to avoid.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

16-10-2020, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Cases can be very localised.

If you look at the maps, which unfortunately the Government are now changing, I am in an area with 50 to 100 new cases over the last week.

Drill down and we have had less than 9 in my locality.

Easy to avoid.
"Recorded cases" are the tip of the iceberg - ONS estimates of "positive cases" are 50% more than the governments figures but then 80% of people infected display no symptoms and may never be tested. ONS estimates suggest that between 1 in 100 and 1 in 200 people have or have had COVID-19. That makes contacts rather hard to avoid.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
"Recorded cases" are the tip of the iceberg - ONS estimates of "positive cases" are 50% more than the governments figures but then 80% of people infected display no symptoms and may never be tested. ONS estimates suggest that between 1 in 100 and 1 in 200 people have or have had COVID-19. That makes contacts rather hard to avoid.
Hi

I am relaxed about things.

I avoid the shops when they are busy.

I do not go out to the Pubs and the Foodie Pub I go to is one for oldies, who are all careful.

I have a very efficient mask when I do venture out and wear two pairs of gloves.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

17-10-2020, 01:00 AM

Covid patients 'less likely to die than in April'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54568926

The proportion of patients admitted to critical care who die fell by almost a quarter from the peak and as much as half in hospitals overall. A better understanding of the disease has allowed doctors to treat patients better, including using the steroid dexamethasone and less invasive types of ventilation.

On average, 39% of patients admitted to critical care died between the start of the pandemic and the end of August and this appears to have fallen to just under 12%.

The Dean of the Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine, Dr Alison Pittard cautioned this was most likely to be a product of the fact that not enough time has passed to work out the outcomes of patients admitted to hospital since the beginning of September. Many will remain in intensive care and until a patient is either discharged or dies, they do not appear in the data.

Though it is too soon to know what mortality will look like in the second wave, we do know that mortality was higher at the beginning of the first wave than it was at the end, she said.
So ..... good news ..... sort of .....

Page 21 of 44 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top