Join for free
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2020, 11:44 PM

Covid and the USA

An Australian journalist just returned from the USA wrote an opinion piece on the ABC web site. He wrote:

"I love America. I really do.

For all its flaws (and there are many), it is still one of the greatest countries in the world.

What happens in America usually doesn't stay in America, given the tremendous global influence the nation exerts in almost every field, ranging from science and technology to arts and entertainment.

As someone who lived there for four years, and has returned regularly, I admire America's sense of national pride and the seemingly indestructible optimism of its people.

So, America, I say this as a friend. One of your best.

Take the virus seriously. Please!

In my nearly three weeks on the ground in the US covering the election, I got the impression way too many Americans were far too relaxed about COVID-19 and the massive public health tsunami about to wash across the country."

The article discusses the way the virus is now spreading exponentially through the USA

Well worth a read from someone who was only there briefly covering the election but was really concerned about the way the disease is being handled there and the way it is surging.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-...ction/12885450
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2020, 11:47 PM

Re: Covid and the USA

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
An Australian journalist just returned from the USA wrote an opinion piece on the ABC web site. He wrote:

"I love America. I really do.

For all its flaws (and there are many), it is still one of the greatest countries in the world.

What happens in America usually doesn't stay in America, given the tremendous global influence the nation exerts in almost every field, ranging from science and technology to arts and entertainment.

As someone who lived there for four years, and has returned regularly, I admire America's sense of national pride and the seemingly indestructible optimism of its people.

So, America, I say this as a friend. One of your best.

Take the virus seriously. Please!

In my nearly three weeks on the ground in the US covering the election, I got the impression way too many Americans were far too relaxed about COVID-19 and the massive public health tsunami about to wash across the country."

The article discusses the way the virus is now spreading exponentially through the USA

Well worth a read from someone who was only there briefly covering the election but was really concerned about the way the disease is being handled there and the way it is surging.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-...ction/12885450
If only more would take it seriously

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top