Join for free
Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 06:29 PM

Coronavirus: Second wave of Covid-19 coming to UK, says PM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54212654

The UK is "now seeing a second wave" of Covid-19, Prime Minister Boris Johnson has said, adding, "It's been inevitable we'd see it in this country."

Mr Johnson said he did not "want to go into bigger lockdown measures" but that tighter social distancing restrictions might be necessary.

It also comes as the UK recorded another 4,322 confirmed Covid-19 cases.

Speaking in Oxfordshire, Mr Johnson said: "As we look at this particular curve and what is happening now, clearly we are going to keep everything under review. I don't want to get into a second national lockdown at all, it is the last thing anybody wants. I don't want to go into bigger lockdown measures at all, we want to keep schools open and it is fantastic the schools have gone back in the way they have. We want to keep the economy open as far as we possibly can, we want to keep businesses going. The only way we can do that is, obviously, if people follow the guidance."
Well, that puts an end to speculation about a "second wave" - it's here (official) .....
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 07:02 PM

Re: Coronavirus: Second wave of Covid-19 coming to UK, says PM

I guess we all knew it was going to happen. Just a matter of waiting now, to see if we get almost complete lock down again.
By, by car boots, fairs, markets, participating sport, pubs, cafes, resteraunts, etc, back to working from home. Mixing with friends even one to one.
Oh! Well! We managed before, guess we can again.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I guess we all knew it was going to happen. Just a matter of waiting now, to see if we get almost complete lock down again.
By, by car boots, fairs, markets, participating sport, pubs, cafes, resteraunts, etc, back to working from home. Mixing with friends even one to one.
Oh! Well! We managed before, guess we can again.
It didn't prevent it coming back again,so whats the point.There doesn't seem to be an answer to prevent a third wave.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 10:13 PM

It might help if they protected the areas with few or no cases. Let them live in a "bubble". Stop all travel to other areas.

Or is there really a drive for herd immunity?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
It might help if they protected the areas with few or no cases. Let them live in a "bubble". Stop all travel to other areas.

Or is there really a drive for herd immunity?
Bit difficult if people are having to trek across half the country for a test....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 10:45 PM

Seems some folks can not live out the rest of their lives at a distance, such a shame.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
It didn't prevent it coming back again,so whats the point.There doesn't seem to be an answer to prevent a third wave.

I'm inclined to think much the same as you Caricature.

We've had lockdowns, 'social bubbles', social distancing, masks, sanitizers, kids off school, businesses closing, and yet this killer virus still seems to be romping along.

And what's the point in pubs having to shut at 10 pm for Christ's sake? What difference will that make?
Do they think the virus only comes out after 10 o/clock, so shutting the doors before that will be safe?

And why are the hunters and shooters still allowed to lurk about in groups of 30 people?

I heard today that we can carry it for 5 days before it might show any symptoms.
So even if everyone in the country were tested, it still only shows up if the virus is active at the moment of giving the sample.
And what about those that are pronounced 'Clear'? Having good test results won't stop that person catching it the following day/week/month will it.

I have a real feeling of doom about this now, and I hadn't felt like that until today. I find this very worrying now.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 11:59 PM

yes ,very worrying...and the only way any of us mere mortals are going to be able to mingle is if we are on horseback with a gun in our hands...seems these people neither catch it or spread it
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by paula ->
yes ,very worrying...and the only way any of us mere mortals are going to be able to mingle is if we are on horseback with a gun in our hands...seems these people neither catch it or spread it

Well said, that lady.

Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

I heard today that we can carry it for 5 days before it might show any symptoms.
So even if everyone in the country were tested, it still only shows up if the virus is active at the moment of giving the sample.
And what about those that are pronounced 'Clear'? Having good test results won't stop that person catching it the following day/week/month will it.

I have a real feeling of doom about this now, and I hadn't felt like that until today. I find this very worrying now.
Even worse:

Coronavirus study finds as many as 80% of positive cases do not show symptoms

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-06-11/...-show-symptoms

The Office for National Statistics (ONS) has been carrying out a survey using swab testing to determine how many people from across the country at any one time are infected with Covid-19.
The infected are passing, unnoticed, amongst us .....

Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top